New complete series gift box set coming in may!!

Slackbot

Reaction score
Interesting, but at that price point - $90.99 - I'm not quite convinced that I need this, considering that I have all that on DVD and don't need a plush keychain. I still want to know about the extras, and just what that graphic novel will me. A real GN, or a comic?

Also, I think that there is already a thread or three about this. Perhaps a wandering mod could combine them to keep all the news on this subject in one place.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm definitely going to need more details about the extras before deciding whether or not to purchase this, though the release date is close enough to my birthday to mean that someone else could foot the bill. :wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Considering I have only season 1, and the crummy Lionsgate re-release that didn't have the note pad... Or even a track listing(!) I could see considering this.

But then again, I'm looking at a wide variety of complete box set collections (including Bullwinkle, even though I got the first 2 seasons anyway). And even Fat Albert that doesn't even have the option to buy the series separately.

I just want to know what the video bonus features are.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Complete double dip of everything's that been out on DVD plus chotchkies I don't need? Yeah, I might have to pass unless the new bonuses are really good.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
@Slackbot
Unfortunately, this particular wandering mod no longer has the power to merge threads, only posts made by the same person.

Already have FR Seasons 1 and 2, only need Seasons 3 and 4, so I might or might not buy this, meh whatever happens first. :coy:

Kermieuk

Reaction score
I see we have threads for the other upcoming DVD releases but felt that if this was just placed mid chat in one of those a lot of people might not have seen it. It's a new individual merchandise piece and thought it should have its own individual thread!!

I already have S1-4 box sets, complete set and pretty much every other DVD release too. Will have to wait to see what extras are on this, what the novel and keychain are like and what the packaging is like to see if I buy this one too.

Chris

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Even if there are new extras, there's no way I'm getting the entire four seasons again when I already have them. It's just planned obsolescence to get more of the audience's money.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Even if there are new extras, there's no way I'm getting the entire four seasons again when I already have them. It's just planned obsolescence to get more of the audience's money.
Not really.

DVD's go out of print due to rights. Lionsgate lost the rights to Henson productions, they lost the ability to release DVD's, the DVD's are no longer being made. Remember, the first box set came out all the way back in 2005. That's 8 years ago. I doubt they're really trying to get anyone to double dip. In fact, this is a boon to those who just aren't financially solvent enough to buy up all the DVD's. If it wasn't for this, we'd have to pay exorbitant sums on amazon, no thanks to jerkwad scalpers.

Only completests will collect the same movies/TV shows on the same format. That said, when Shout rereleased Transformers, they did a superior job to Rhino, and gave us as best they could the full episodes without anything missing. If someone did the same for ALF and gave us the non-syndicated cuts, I'm sure people who bought those DVD sets would be more than happy to rebuy superior versions.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Not really.

DVD's go out of print due to rights. Lionsgate lost the rights to Henson productions, they lost the ability to release DVD's, the DVD's are no longer being made. Remember, the first box set came out all the way back in 2005. That's 8 years ago. I doubt they're really trying to get anyone to double dip. In fact, this is a boon to those who just aren't financially solvent enough to buy up all the DVD's. If it wasn't for this, we'd have to pay exorbitant sums on amazon, no thanks to jerkwad scalpers.

Only completests will collect the same movies/TV shows on the same format. That said, when Shout rereleased Transformers, they did a superior job to Rhino, and gave us as best they could the full episodes without anything missing. If someone did the same for ALF and gave us the non-syndicated cuts, I'm sure people who bought those DVD sets would be more than happy to rebuy superior versions.
I get what you're saying as far as people who weren't able to get all the DVDs the first time. Though I'm not getting any indication that these versions will be all that superior, certainly as far as extras.