New Electric Company apparel and accessories coming in February

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's some cool news from Sesame Workshop... official Electric Company merchandise is on the way in 2004. Wouldn't it be neat to see Electric Company DVD's or a CD later this year too?

HEY YOU GUYS! ‘70s SERIES THE ELECTRIC COMPANY SIZZLES WITH NEW NOSTALGIC PRODUCT LINE

We’re gonna turn you on, we’re gonna bring you the power… For kids who grew up in the ‘70s, they know it’s Electric! The Electric Company, that is, the award-winning literacy series that featured such popular segments as “The Adventures of Letterman,” “The Six Dollar and Thirty Nine Cent Man,” and “Easy Reader.” Now viewers can re-live those cool Electric moments with apparel and accessories featuring images (such as the memorable show logo) and catchphrases (like “Can you dig it?”) from the program produced by the nonprofit educational organization Sesame Workshop.

Junk Food, the apparel manufacturer that recently helped launch the highly-successful teen Sesame Street apparel line, will be creating Electric Company tees and accessories for men and juniors. As a nonprofit, Sesame Workshop puts the proceeds it receives from sales of its products right back into its educational projects for children around the world. Discussions are underway with additional licensees, and retail outlets will be announced shortly. Products are scheduled to hit the market in February 2004.

“With characters like Easy Reader, the hip-talking compulsive reader, and Fargo North, the resident decoder, The Electric Company made learning hip and cool,” said Tamra Seldin, Sesame Workshop’s Vice President of Marketing. “The series spoofed popular characters of the time and used comedy to positively impact children’s reading. Now those viewers are grown-ups who have fond memories of the show and enjoy the nostalgia of the show-inspired products. With the success of the Sesame Street teen and tween line, we’re continuing to ride the nostalgia trend with cool graphics and editorial for today’s consumers, with our programs that have classic, timeless appeal.”

The Electric Company, targeted to kids 7- to 10-years-old, debuted on PBS in 1971. The series garnered many awards including several Emmys and a Grammy.

Dantecat

Reaction score
Hey Phillip,Will They Make A Classic Sesame Street Collection on DVD If They Release The Electric Company???

What do you think Phillip?

ssetta

Reaction score
Well, I hope so, and I do think they should! But, this might sound amazing, but people are more inclined to remember TEC than SS, because it was strictly for older kids, and not younger kids. Who knows, maybe they will, but I don't know.

Dantecat

Reaction score
:smile: Well you know what I agree with Ssetta?I would hope The Sesame Workshop would release Every Single Sesame Street Song That's been ever,ever made on CD.(Which is all the songs on CD,like you used to say That There should be Released Every Single Classic Sesame Street Episode That's been ever,ever made!!!! :wink: :flirt:

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
I think a "Best of" set would be more likely. Such as the first episode, the best guest stars, Hooper's death, re-opening of Hooper's store, Maria and Louise's wedding, etc. And for some of the special features, news segments with Kermit the Frog, the best Bert & Ernie sketches and those hilarious bits with Grover as a restaurant waiter.

Whatever

Reaction score
trekkie1701E said:
Maria and Louise's wedding.
You mean Maria and Luis, right? Last time I checked, Maria hadn't married a girl named Louise! LOL!

(Louise IS a girl's name, at least in German, pronounced like Louisa,LOL)

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
Yes, yes, Luise. You're correct. What was I thinking?
I await my punishment.

Whatever

Reaction score
trekkie1701E said:
Yes, yes, Luis. You're correct. What was I thinking?
I await my punishment.
I think misspelling of Luis' name is punishable by Tickle Me Elmo, LOL!

ssetta

Reaction score
I know. It's just that I remember all this stuff that no one else cares about!