New Electric Company TV Show and DVD

mikebennidict

Reaction score
GeeBee said:
That animated skit was an absolute riot! As funny as it reads, it's even better to see and hear it. The boys' mannerisms, voices, and tones made it a truly hilarious sketch.

I don't think it was disrespectful either; the humor was in that the boy was trying his best to honor his teacher, but wound up putting his foot in his mouth. We can laugh because we've all been there, trying too hard to make a good impression.
I agree it was funny as welll. it would of been if it were real and a student told his teacher she had nice bones. but yeah it was a riot.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Wow we have forgotten to post about probably the most well known and popular thing from TEC --> The animated sketch with the plumber and the parrot!

(Parrot is shown inside of house near front door and he squawks. Then a man approaches the outside of the door and knocks.)
Parrot: Who is it?
Plumber: It's the plumber. I've come to fix the sink.
(Silence for a few seconds. Plumber knocks again.)
Plumber: (A little more intensely) It's the plumber. I've come to fix the sink.
(More silence for a few seconds. Plummer knocks again.)
Plumber: (Noticably very annoyed) It's the plumber! I've come to fix the sink!
(But still more silence. Plummer knocks on door yet again.)
Plumber: (Totally freaking out) IT'S THE PLUMBER!! I'VE COME TO FIX THE SINK!!
(Still silence. The plumber then groans and falls down in front of the door. Then a lady walks up to the door (presumably the parrot's owner) and sees the man lying there.)
Lady: Who is it?
Parrot: It's the plumber. He's come to fix the sink.
(Parrot then whistles cheerfully and the skit ends.)

A real classic there! And what made it really fun for me was the music that played throughout. Very fun skit!

Ziffel

Reaction score
The new cover looks real cool. And, as the site put it, Bill Cosby does indeed look priceless! Three more months till my pre-ordered set from amazon arrives!

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Chop

this man goes into a restaurant and want a chop. turns out to be the word chop. 1st the waiter brings out an just the op then he brings out the ch making the word chop. then the man takes out an ax, chops up the whole table, saying, that was a good chop!

Ziffel

Reaction score
You know, I think I may recall that very one. However, the details that come back to me are all these different kinds of meat chops that were mentioned (like pork chops, lamb chops, veal chops) and then at the end a KARATE chop. Don't recall the axe.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
you must be getting it mixed up with something else BTW this was a cartoon.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Ah okay this was indeed something else. This one had human actors (like Luis Avalos) so it was from TEC. Guess they had a thing for chops!

Ziffel

Reaction score
tvshowsondvd.com today has a link you can click on to play the minute and a half trailer for the upcoming Electric Company dvd set (due out in just a month and a half! I'm really looking forward to it). It plays the opening theme song in the background while showing some scenes form the show as well as what the dvds will offer (such as lots of extras, cast interviews, and outtakes!).