New "Elmo Hugs You Back" Toy

Hubert

Reaction score
I was more referring to fun interactive toys produced in the past couple of years. But still a very interesting story. :smile:

I've never really thought about it until now, but I wonder how many kids are afraid of Oscar while growing up? It seems that a lot of kids like him, but I wonder how many actually do turn away when they see him come out of his can on the street. :grouchy:

mostlikemokey

Reaction score
I was afraid of Oscar and Grover. I look at them now and wonder why. Big Bird was actually one of the ones I liked. Kids are afraid of weird things.

Hubert

Reaction score
Yeah, Oscar and even characters like Cookie or Herry I would imagine kids are commonly afraid of. Grover actually is one of the characters I would least think, considering he's a lot more cuter and tamer-looking than most others.

Now I could really understand kids being afraid of the Big Bird from the early seasons. :stick_out_tongue:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yes! I always don't care for how Elmo seems to be the only one that ever really gets fun toys that are bigger than 12". I'd like to see some other characters with some quality toys like this instead, characters like Grover or even Big Bird.
Other than the smaller Tickle Me dolls and the small Cookie and Ernie TMX toys, there really hasn't been much. But Tickle Me Elmo was followed up by Sing and Snore Ernie the next year. It was pretty successful and it gave Ernie a huge bump in popularity, just not the hit Elmo was. Then there was the Canadian exclusive "Feed me Cookie" toy that's fairly obscure. Then they just kept coming back to Elmo. Except in Germany, where Ernie and Bert are so popular they got a fill sized deluxe TMX Ernie.

There was also not too much besides having a voice chip toys of Oscar the Grouch as well as a really rare Snuffy and Big Bird set.

Grover got the new Super Grover 2.0 flying doll.
I never actually saw that one. I think I saw a talking one that wasn't quite as Deluxe as an Elmo. Wonder if it's the same one.