New Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas DVD release

vaati64

Reaction score
hey guys! wasn't sure if you knew already or not, but supposedly, they are releasing emmet otter (again) this november. I don't know about any bonus features, but I was looking around and found it!:smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Oh, I hope they give us all the extra goodies from last time and keep the Kermit portions intact like the previous releases. It just makes me sad that Henson and Disney couldn't work that out. It's such a brief appearance, but historical (with Kermit's bike riding stunt and all). I believe this latest DVD release is likely scheduled to coincide with the new stage musical debut.

The 2001 DVD (pre-Disney Muppets sale) from Sony is listed at 50 minutes featuring Kermit. The 2005 DVD from Lionsgate and Hit is listed at 100 minutes minus Kermit. This would lead me to believe that this 2008 version is merely a repackaging from Lyons and Hit. I hope not. We need Kermit back as he was in the original airing. :smile:

vaati64

Reaction score
Oh, I hope they give us all the extra goodies from last time and keep the Kermit portions intact like the previous releases. It just makes me sad that Henson and Disney couldn't work that out. It's such a brief appearance, but historical (with Kermit's bike riding stunt and all). I believe this latest DVD release is likely scheduled to coincide with the new stage musical debut.

The 2001 DVD (pre-Disney Muppets sale) from Sony is listed at 50 minutes featuring Kermit. The 2005 DVD from Lionsgate and Hit is listed at 100 minutes minus Kermit. This would lead me to believe that this 2008 version is merely a repackaging from Lyons and Hit. I hope not. We need Kermit back as he was in the original airing. :smile:

i'm not sure, but barnes and noble is calling it "special edition/ re packaged/ pan and scan" so I'm not sure if they are even going to include any new bonus features

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Oh well... Would have been nice to see Kermit like has already been said.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Well fingers crossed! and I hope that the new Christmas Toy dvd has Kermit in it at least! Gosh Disney! just forget about "Copyrights" just this once and make a world of happy Muppet people! ;-):smile:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well fingers crossed! and I hope that the new Christmas Toy dvd has Kermit in it at least! Gosh Disney! just forget about "Copyrights" just this once and make a world of happy Muppet people! ;-):smile:
Who knows if that is possible anymore...

superboober

Reaction score
Unless of course one of us happens to have half a billion dollars lying around to buy the whole shebang themselves and solve the whole problem for posterity.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
When the first DVD of Emmet Otter came out, that was right after Disney was beginning their first attempt with the Muppets and wanted the Muppets to be solely associated with Disney. Now in the 3-4 years that have passed, I think Disney has become more open to Muppets appearing in non-Disney productions (Kermit's cameo in Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium for one). So hopefully, HIT and Disney can work out a deal with these releases!