(New) French Muppet Show

muppet maniac

Reaction score
I read about this on Muppet Wiki. The name of it is "MUPPET TV" and in case if you're wondering, no they do not have their own Muppet characters there like the international Sesame Street shows, but they use the originals(Kermit Piggy, etc)

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Its very very sad. Disney is just making the muppets worse and worse by the minute...

goshposh

Reaction score
whats the difference between this and having international coproductions of sesame street where the characters are dubbed. or having big bird on the chinese sesame street or elmo on the french production being performed by another person. no one got into an uproar about that.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Well its the fact that they are sending the EXACT muppets, not some newly created characters when america isn't even having a muppet show.

goshposh

Reaction score
but in the chinese and french co productions its the exact characters of big bird and elmo being performed by another performer

Barry Lee

Reaction score
goshposh said:
but in the chinese and french co productions its the exact characters of big bird and elmo being performed by another performer
But they air new SS in the US! They don't air new TMS in the US!

muppetperson

Reaction score
Maybe Disney are using France as a testing ground? If the show does well, maybe then a World wide Muppet TV show will be released from The States.

goshposh

Reaction score
Barry Lee said:
But they air new SS in the US! They don't air new TMS in the US!
how is it the french's or disney's fault that an american network wont put on a new muppet show. remember the muppets are far more popular in europe than they are in the US. so of course disney is going to put on a show there because it will be more marketable. i'm not saying i like it either that there is no US muppet show but in the end its all business.

Drtooth

Reaction score
goshposh said:
whats the difference between this and having international coproductions of sesame street where the characters are dubbed. or having big bird on the chinese sesame street or elmo on the french production being performed by another person. no one got into an uproar about that.
Exactly. It wouldn't make sense to film them just to dub them, or to make them all speak parrot French (Like Monty Python did with the first Co-produced German TV version....cept in German).

My only problem IS they don't have one in the US. But I guess that's Disney and the devil Worshipping Media conglomerate's fault.