New HMV Exclusive TMS DVD Box Set in the UK!

Douglas Fir

Reaction score
I've just seen a listing on the HMV UK website for a 4-disc DVD box set coming out on the 10th November (just seven days from now!!!) with an RRP of £34.99 and featuring 36 episodes according to the description here:

HMV Exclusive DVD Box Set (Just click on the Synopsis tab for all the details).

Roger Moore, Lynda Carter, Christoper Reeve, Mark Hamill, Sylvester Stallone, Peter Sellers, Paul Simon, Johnny Cash, Debbie Harry, Shirley Bassey, Andy Williams, Harry Belafonte, Steve Martin, Bob Hope, John Cleese, Bruce Forsythe, Danny Kaye, Victor Borge, Brooke Shields, Dudley Moore, Raquel Welch, Peter Ustinov, Vincent Price, Gene Kelly, Elton John, Petula Clark, Liberace, John Denver, Kenny Rogers, Alice Cooper, Twiggy, Liza Minelli, Julie Andrews, Glenda Jackson, Juliet Prowse, and Ethel Merman.

This is the same as the video box set from a while ago which is apparently also being (re)released on the same day - £29.99 for 6 VHS tapes with the same episodes... but for an extra £5.00 the DVDs are probably the way to go!

However if like me you already have all of the US Time Life DVDs you'll only be getting 11 new episodes (by my count) for your money:

1.12 Peter Ustinov
1.13 Bruce Forsyth
1.21 Twiggy
1.22 Ethel Merman
2.20 Petula Clark
4.5 Victor Borge
4.18 Christopher Reeve
4.22 Andy Williams
5.4 Shirley Bassey
5.7 Glenda Jackson
5.21 Johnny Cash

And it's highly likely some of those will be on Time Life's/Columbia TriStar's Vol's 16-20 whenever they eventually surface - but I'm guessing episodes such as Bruce Forsyth and Glenda Jackson will probably only ever be on DVD in the UK!

And then in January we have Columbia TriStar UK's Very Best of the Muppet Show Vol. 3 with "The Muppets: A Celebration of 30 Years" as an extra... how may "Best of..." DVDs do I have room for in my collection!!!

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
WOW!!!! :excited: :excited:

I wonder if there's going to be any special fetures ???

I bet the design of the DVD Box Set will be same as the VHS Box : Blue background and hopefully it will be made of hard card :halo:

36 epsidoes on 4 discs? that makes 9 shows on a disk :rolleyes: (is that good? will it be like the storyteller DVD? :concern: )

Is it worth get them?

Luke

Reaction score
Absolutely fantastic news. HMV are always putting Muppet stuff in and out of sales too so you might pick up an even bigger bargain if you go there on the right day but £34.99 is a steal anyway. I would guess no extra's because of fitting all the eps on the discs.

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Luke said:
Absolutely fantastic news. HMV are always putting Muppet stuff in and out of sales too so you might pick up a bargain if you go there on the right day. I would guess no extra's because of fitting all the eps on the discs.
What a shame :boo:

I really hope HMV makes a new set, It must have sold really well to make it on DVD but re-releasing it VHS agian.

Luke

Reaction score
Well the episodes will take up a lot of room on each disc but you never know. I think it makes sense to do a 4 disc set sensibly priced though - it should sell well over the holidays.

mattyboy

Reaction score
OMG!!! This is going to be the greatest muppety christmas ever!!!! First 'A Muppet Family Christmas / The Christmas Toy' then 'It's A Verry Merry Muppet Christmas' and 'The Very Best Of The Muppet Show Vol. 3' for next year, this is BRILLIANT. I'm just gonna have to ask me parents to widen my christmas list a bit more, lol. :wink:

Douglas Fir

Reaction score
MuppetDanny said:
Check this out
I actually e-mailed the seller to see if this was the upcoming Very Best Of... Vol. 3 - but it isn't.

There are no extra features and the seller bought it as a single disc from their supplier but it looks like it's a disc from a larger set... therefore I think we've just got our first look at the packaging for the HMV DVDs!!!

Douglas Fir

Reaction score
Although I'm not quite sure why there are only 7 episodes listed on the auction for that DVD when there are 36 episodes in total over 4 DVDs in the set - so there should be 9 episodes per DVD. Oh well, it'll be on the shelves in 6 days time and we can all have a good look at it!!!