New image from Power of Dark Crystal

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
It's gonna be a little strange to see Jen and Kira so old. I can't wait, nonetheless. :big_grin:

I read on IMDb that Chamberlain and Aughra would be returning as well... any truth to this at all? IMDb also said at one point that Brian Henson was gonna direct, so...

mb22

Reaction score
Didn't all the Skeksis and Mystics merge at the end of the first film? Are any left?

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
mb22 said:
Didn't all the Skeksis and Mystics merge at the end of the first film? Are any left?
Yeah, but the crystal splitting in this movie could change things a bit.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
OMG!!! WOW!!! looks like its gonna rule! i showed my dad n mom, they went and seen the 1st movie on there 1st date, they also cant wait! :smile:

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
So, does anyone have any theories as to where the story will go?

cabbageheat

Reaction score
hmm

well. . . look into the other thread, about Tarkos directing, there are a few opinions there (I've chimed in quite a bit over there). not necessarily about "where' the story will go, but "how" could the story continue. . .

I have NO clue where they could go with this, especially since they are trying to bring back old characters, that merged, learned their lesson, fulfilled a prophecy and left the world. It was a slam dunk film. Beginning, middle and a definate end.

I've already talked about this like crazy in that other forum topic, but it simply doesn't add up that the Skesis, Garthim and Mystics return. . . what we're really seeing is a type of cloak and dagger "remake" of a movie. It's the same story, just different characters, and original characters that have no logic to be there. That's the only way this film can be made, or followed up. The main character was the crystal. Something must always happen to it, if anything is to be revisited and expanded on. . . .yadayadayada. . .

check out the other posts, there are alot of opinions there. All we can do is wait and see. I love this world, but frankly, its a movie that needs no sequel or prequel, and really, should have been just left alone. but. . . .here we go!

Laszlo

Reaction score
Wow that's great! Looks deffinietely like Froud's style. Kira's mouth is a bit big IMO. Spring 2008? Bummer... :mad:

I wonder why there is nothing officially up on the Henson site.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Laszlo said:
Wow that's great! Looks deffinietely like Froud's style. Kira's mouth is a bit big IMO. Spring 2008? Bummer... :mad:

I wonder why there is nothing officially up on the Henson site.
yea it looks looks like a Frouds style but not Brians amazing style it looks more like his wife wendys stuff who did sculpt for the orignal movie...oh well I just enjoy Brians work so much more than here Fairy stuff...:smirk: :sympathy:

Laszlo

Reaction score
TheJimHensonHour said:
yea it looks looks like a Frouds style but not Brians amazing style it looks more like his wife wendys stuff who did sculpt for the orignal movie...oh well I just enjoy Brians work so much more than here Fairy stuff...:smirk: :sympathy:
You're right, it looks like Wendy made them. I like Brian's work much more too.

BTW: Wendy did the Gelflings in the first movie too.