New Inspector Gadget series coming in 2009

Drtooth

Reaction score
http://jedaniels-adventures.blogspot.com/2008/05/wowsers-more-gadget-in-09.html

This blog has a brief summary of what an interview said, it doesn't quite give the full story. But from the looks of it, they look to go back to the real roots of the series, and not the false directions they had with the movies (live action and animated) and Gadgetinis.

The interview in Anaimation magazine also pointed to merchandising rights, which has me hopeful we'll have the decent Gadget relaunch that us fans richly deserve. I'm hoping they'll rerelease the old gadget 12" action figure with the various accessories.

Lets just hope no Talking Gadget mobile and the original theme music this time.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
I really like the concept art at the bottom. Still a tad skeptical but this does seem like the right direction!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I really like the concept art at the bottom. Still a tad skeptical but this does seem like the right direction!
As long as it doesn't center on a talking Gadget mobile and robotic sidekicks, I'm all for it. That said, Gadget and the Gadetinis (from what I saw) isn't terrible, but it lacks most of the concepts that made the original great.

Though I think incorporating the worst idea from the live action movies was needless (again, talking Gadget car)

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Go Go Gadget Ideas From the Brain! Wowsers!

I'm more aware of the old cartoons series that came out in the 80's, you know the one with Frank Welker as the voice of Dr. Claw.

I'll get you next time Gadget, next time!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm more aware of the old cartoons series that came out in the 80's, you know the one with Frank Welker as the voice of Dr. Claw.
The one thing I'm hoping for is that they can get the original cast back as best as they can. I'm talking Cree Summer as Penny, and Frank as Claw, Brain, and MadCat. And of course, Townsend Coleman. not as Corporal Capeman, though. As various MAD agents.

They use a Canadian vocal cast, and Maurice LaMarche belongs to the US and Canadian unions (amoung other things) so he's always avaialble as Gadget. But the current Claw doesn't sound menacing at all. I think Frank was the only really great, menacing Claw. And then they added that cavernous echo to his voice making him sound even more threatening.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
It's been a LONG time since I've seen the show. All I really remember is the opening song :wink:

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
Weird. I hope it works out and stays true to the original.

wiley207

Reaction score
I hope this is true! And I'd love to see Shuki Levy and Haim Saban return to do the background music for the show. They were DiC's main music men throughout the 1980s and early 1990s, and they provided awesome synth scores for Inspector Gadget. I also enjoyed their music for "Heathcliff and the Catillac Cats" and "The Littles." And hopefully they'll outsource the animation to Japan like the original series did

Besides, ever since "Inspector Gadget's Biggest Caper Ever," with the exception of the talking Gadgetmobile in that movie, the movie was very similar to the 1980s animated series, in terms of character design and writing (Chief Quimby's pipe and the famous self-destructing messages also made a welcome comeback). And Cree Summer and Frank Welker both proved what it takes to reprise their roles thanks to the Robot Chicken parody of IG. Maybe they could also have Chris Wiggins reprise the role of Chief Quimby, like he did in the first season.

And I'd like it if they brought back the sound effects for Gadget's gadgets from the first season of the original series. They made custom sound effects for Gadget's legs, Gadget Copter, Gadget Coat, Gadget Skates, the Gadget Van changing into the Gadgetmobile, etc. That would be a true nostalgia experience for me!