1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

New Jim Henson biography coming soon!

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by daniel0son, Mar 7, 2006.

1. daniel0son New Member

2. Erine81981 Active Member

Bring it on!
  3. Infinity Sirius New Member

It will be nice to see something new. I hope that it goes into more depth than his previous biographies, most of which were for children other than Jim Henson: The Works.
  4. Kermieuk Well-Known Member

Hi Guys,

Unfortunetly, this looks like yet another un official Kids reference book. Although Im not 100% sure. I just searched for the publisher on the web and found them, It also shows this pic of the book, again, not very reassuring. However at $25.00 it must be quite good???

A new Book at the moment would be fantastic, with Kermits 50th and The Muppet Show 25 years (well now 30 years) A full history of the Muppets book similar in design to The Works would be great.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f112/KERMIE1/jimhensonbook.jpg

Chris
  5. Barry Lee Active Member

I figured it would be some kiddie book...:smirk:
  6. GelflingWaldo New Member

7. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I'll be happy as long as it gives some information on at least one of the following:

*Little Muppet Monsters
    *Follow That Bird
    *Christmas Eve on Sesame Street
    *The playhouse videos from 1985
    *The Play-Along Videos
  8. Infinity Sirius New Member

You know one of these days I am going to write a Jim Henson biography to out do all other Jim Henson biographies!
  9. gfarkwort Member

yea........I don't think he can be biographied in 144 pages or whatever.....it seems to me there is so much more to Jim than what has been talked about in the other bios....we're reading about him as the inovator and the creative genious as an overview....but not really so much as a person.....I mean with reading "It's not easy being green" I felt that tapped into him as person so much more, because it was things he said and people who knew him the closest not just in the working envoroment but in his home and personal domain as well.......I just feel there needs to be something more.........but I will read this book.....
  10. BEAR Active Member

I look forward to this new release!
  11. Mark Filton New Member

Nothing to be happy about. Another kiddie time book, and even worse, it is in a SERIES of books. Everything we read before. Crap again :mad:

We are all missing out on a big time biography. This is not it. I hope somebody does the real work soon:D

To do it right, you study everything and everbody for 2-3 years, man!
  12. Muppet Matt Active Member

Well, it has 144 pages so I don't think it will be much of a kiddie book Barry Lee.:)
  13. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I just realized that this will be the first Jim Henson biography since Disney got the rights to the Muppets.
  14. Infinity Sirius New Member

I promise one day I shall do it! The only trouble will be persuading Jim's friends and relatives to give interviews and insights about his life, and also persuading the Henson archives and Disney to let me snoop through everything. :o
  15. Jonathan New Member

Did Anyone get it?
    Is it anygood?