New Kermit Music Video & Single

WeatherbySwann

Reaction score
In addition to Kermit's appearance in the Macy's Parade with Tiffany Thornton from Disney Channel's Sonny with a Chance, both of them will appear in a new duet single for "I Believe" on Radio Disney on Nov. 27, as well as in a music video premiering on Disney Channel on December 4! :smile:

More details over at StitchKingdom.com.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
That is so awesome! Thank you for the heads up! I'll be looking forward to being able to download this song once its available and I'm sure the music video will be great. Gotta love that frog! :smile:

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Yes, it about time Kermit got a new single out on the radio air waves. :smile:

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
I still don't understand why this song wasn't it letters to santa. I thought that was the whole idea of introducing the song on thanksgiving last year, but whatever.

I'm not sure on how I feel about the muppets doing songs with the disney tween/teens. I don't think i love/hate it either way; I guess i'm kind of apathetic because I am sooo not into the newer disney shows and characters. My boss made her daughter stop watching it because the kids on the show talk back all the time and her daughter was turning into a real brat.

Anyway, glad a new music video and stuff is coming out. I'll be excited for the album of muppet cover songs expected to come sometime in the future!

WeatherbySwann

Reaction score
You're welcome!

I mainly see it as Disney trying to reach out and attract a more broad audience, sort of the same purpose that the Studio DC specials had. But it's definitely good to see Kermit and crew back in the spotlight!

Muppet Loverr

Reaction score
this iss wonderful. we have to waitt andd see on thrusday to see how it sounds

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
There's a video posted on youtube although I'm not sure it's the whole music video but it's really adorable! I was kind of against the duet but the video was pretty well done and I loved the whole background of the video (kermit making a present out to piggy and all of the pink and green stuff-soooo cute!)

I'll try to watch out for it on the disney channel to see if the actual music video is longer, because they don't sing the whole song on the youtube clip, we'll see!

rexcrk

Reaction score
I like that the Muppets do stuff with the current Disney stars. I'm one of the few, but I do enjoy watching the shows on current Disney Channel, so seeing stuff like this is what it was like for older Muppet fans seeing them do stuff with stars from when they were younger.

dwmckim

Reaction score
There's a video posted on youtube although I'm not sure it's the whole music video but it's really adorable! I was kind of against the duet but the video was pretty well done and I loved the whole background of the video (kermit making a present out to piggy and all of the pink and green stuff-soooo cute!)

I'll try to watch out for it on the disney channel to see if the actual music video is longer, because they don't sing the whole song on the youtube clip, we'll see!
The video airing on Disney Channel is a minute, 30 seconds.

Maybe that might be a special "short" version of the video but more likely, that is actually the whole thing. Singles/videos by Disney Channel stars tend to be short so that they can act as interstitials on DC and the single versions on Disney Radio also tend to be pretty short as well. Used to be radio stations didn't like songs that were over four and a half minutes; Disney has that condensed much further (i heard a promo for a kind of "looking for the next music star" type contest where submissions had to be under two and a half minutes). Very very short for singles in the traditional sense though many of us might agree that the shorter one hears a Disney star sing, the better.

I don't really have any issues with TT though - she actually reminds me a bit in her singing/speaking voice and comedic delivery of Julie Brown (who's one of my all time favorites) but just with the looks where she plays the type of blond bimbo characters that Julie would have one of her friends play alongside her.

rexcrk

Reaction score
I actually just saw the 30-second video on Disney Channel... it was really awesome.

Keep up the good work, Disney!