1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

New Mindstyle stuff at ComicCon

Discussion in 'Fantasy Worlds' started by kuzeh, Aug 6, 2008.

1. kuzeh

kuzeh Member

Hey there, sorry if this has been already posted and might be old news...
    Actually Laz posted some info about him sculpting the Skeksis over at Sideshow Freaks, anyway, @ ComicCon Mindstyle had this awesome pieces on display.
    First Jen and Kira:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And then a Skeksis, is it Chamberlain?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

WOW! So are these 1:1 scale.They look very big.
  3. kuzeh

kuzeh Member

I'm not sure what scale they are,
    I'm thinking that the Gelflings are about 1:4 scale
    and Skeksis about 1:6 maybe?
    Lazlo sculped him, so he might have the answer to that! :D
  4. JMPrater

JMPrater Member

Jen & Kira's costumes are fantastic, I don't think their faces are right at all, but again, the artistry is a masterwork.
  5. Laszlo

Laszlo Member

Love the Gelflings! Not sure about their size since I wasn't involved.
    But the Skeksis is about 1:4 scale.
  6. JMPrater

JMPrater Member

again, the gelfling clothes are perfect, their faces however are quite bad.
  7. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

It's the noses. Same with the manga. They have people noses instead of gelfling noses. The faces in general look a little too people like. It's like they got so close with the other details and then forgot the most important part - their faces. :scary:
  8. Laszlo

Laszlo Member

Indeed their noses are wrong ! :mad:
  9. JMPrater

JMPrater Member

Laszlo, I wish you would create the definitive Kira, wings and all. Only you could do justice to her character.

Jaime
  10. Laszlo

Laszlo Member

Thank you for your confidence Jaime!
    Well, I would love to sculpt this scene. It's one of those 'magic' moments in the movie.
  11. Crystal

Crystal New Member

Wow I have only just found out about these peices from minstyle but they look absolutely amazing! Especially the skeksis it look excellent. I don't love the Jen and Kira it is nice but I still prefer my Sideshow dolls no matter what anyone else says!:scary: Still I would probably be tempted to buy them. I LOVE that Skeksis! Well done Lazlo, the face sculpt looks perfect!

Does anyone have any information about when these will be released? I really want that Skeksis!
  12. Laszlo

Laszlo Member

Thank you so much! :)
    You should ask MINDSTYLE directly.
    Here is the last info I got from them: "We're now here in China overseeing our expansion.
    Yes, we have been waiting on the Henson Company.
    Our business department is still waiting on approvals to move forward.
    Will keep you updated as we should have final word in the next few weeks. If you notice, none of our products have been released from the company."
  13. pain

pain New Member

Man, I have been away for a bit!

Laz, that is your Skeksis sculpt that is going into production?

Pending approval of course!

I saw that thing as SDCC, and I nearly passed out. One of the best representations of anything DC that I have ever seen.

If and when this thing comes out, he is going to be sitting right next to my Aviva prototypes.
  14. Laszlo

Laszlo Member

Hey, thank you! Glad you like him ! It was really a labour of love and I hope it shows.
    You have all Aviva prototypes? WOw! I only have Jen and Kira. Did you make photos of em?
  15. Fizzgig1977

Fizzgig1977 New Member

Skeksis

Wow thats replica is truely stunning. I hope it does come through to production. Laszlo they should hire you to create the puppets for the new film. I hope when the marketing people at Henson see the Skeksis they make a special note to contact you on a wonderful sculpt. I will deffo buy this regards of cost. I can't wait for the mindstyle Jen & Kira statue either. Shame Fizzgig was missing tho. He could have been peaking out from behind Kira's feet.
    Laszlo would you consider making a Fizzgig sculpt to the same standard as the Skeksis?
    The only Fizzgig merch I can find is a poor quality plush by Toy Vault.
    I would really love a movie quality replica of Fizzgig
  16. Laszlo

Laszlo Member

Thank you!
    Yes, I would love to have a good Fizzgig too. You're right the Toy Vault Fizzgig is quite disappointing.
    However I'm not sure how to make Fizzgig right, as sculpted fur doesn't look right IMO. And finding real fur just like the original seems difficult. Any fur experts here?
  17. Fizzgig1977

Fizzgig1977 New Member

Hi Laszlo, I've actually made a Fizzgig about two months ago, but he ended up bigger then I thought. I'd never made any soft toys before and I don't think its very good to be honest.
    I'll take some pictures tonight, but I don't know how to or even if you can load pictures on to the forum?
    I got my fur from an ebay seller in Israel, took some finding but it is closer in colour to the movie than the Toy Vault one.
  18. kuzeh

kuzeh Member

So, whatever happened to these?...
    I don't see any info on Mindstyle's website...
  19. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I know. Has their license expired? It appears that the Henson licensed are up for bid again. I'm thinking MindStyle bungled it.
  20. cabbageheat

cabbageheat New Member

Wow, those sculpts, to me personally,looked horrible. Getting the clothing/props right seems to be easy, but when it comes to "sculpting" the gelflings...it is very hit or miss. And this, for me, was a miss. Very ugly. When you get them wrong...wow, do you get them wrong. But I would agree with the other statements, that the props and clothing look great, but they need to go back to Froud's wife, and just have her make some more. Everyone else who attempts it just doesn't get it right.