New movies coming out...

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Wow, Spider-Man 2 was such a well-done movie. We had a great time with it last night. One of those rare sequels that meet or exceeds expectations!

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I was thinking about seeing Around the World in 80 Days since I'm bored.....That was one of the movies I wanted to see or either rent.

ryan

Drum Eater

Reaction score
It didn't look that great to me, but Spider-Man 2 was awesome!

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I saw "Home on the Range" yesterday. It was kinda cute. Definitely mostly a comedy. I mean, bovine bounty hunters? :eek: The villain's big number caught way me off guard - it's a good thing I didn't have popcorn or something or I would've been choking. My brother thought I'd lost it...
Erin

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I saw Dodgeball (and Garfield) the other night (we have a drive-in theater nearby that shows double-features). If you see Dodgeball, stick around for after the credits... I promise you'll be gouging your eyeballs out. :wink:

The movie was really funny, but... pretty sick.

I thought Garfield was pretty good, if only for the cat... the storyline was pretty weak, and it wasn't as much like the comic as I would have made it, but I still liked the movie.

If I had made Garfield, it would have been about loser Jon's life, with Garfield making remarks about him, and playing tricks on him like in the comics.

My major problem(s) with the movie are that Liz actually likes Jon, when she never did in the comic OR cartoon, and Nermal was played by a Siamese cat instead of a little grey kitten. The voiice of Nermal was great, though. All the voices were, including Alan Cumming's casting of Persnikitty.... then again, I just like Alan Cumming.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
.... then again, I just like Alan Cumming.
...who I like to lovingly refer to as "hot Scottish guy," though not so much now since encountering Billy... :wink:
Erin

Drum Eater

Reaction score
I was reading the first of this thread and it was talking about an Indepedance Day 2. Is that still in the works? Sounds like it could be really stupid...or cool. :big_grin:

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
[font=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Sans Serif]I found this article on scifi.com:[/font]
[font=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Sans Serif][/font]
[font=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Sans Serif]Roland Emmerich, director, co-writer and co-producer of Independence Day, told SCI FI Wire that a sequel to the 1996 SF blockbuster is not in the cards. "[Independence Day co-writer and co-producer] Dean [Devlin] and I met two or three times to figure out a way how to continue the story and we couldn't," Emmerich said while promoting his latest doomsday epic, the upcoming The Day After Tomorrow.[/font]
[font=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Sans Serif]Emmerich added, "Everything sounded like a repeat, and we don't want to do repeats. At least, I don't want to. We went to Fox, who'd already given us money. We said to them, 'Guys, we have to give you your money back.' It's probably the first time that's happened. We're very, very disappointed, but what can you do?" The Day After Tomorrow opens May 28.[/font]

Drum Eater

Reaction score
Wow, I'm glad that Emmerich has some taste. Most people in Hollywood do just make a sequel and repeat everything! It's good to know some of them are still trying to make original movies. And I loved The Day After Tomorrow! :smile:

scarylarrywolf

Reaction score
I just got back from Anchorman, and that is so definitely my genre!!! I recommend going to the theatre 20 minutes late to skip the unecessary inuendo stuff -- all that happens is Burgandy has a fling with a woman who is challenging his position as head anchor.

The movie is like a new Monty Python film. It is so awesome -- and Steve Carell is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AAAAAAAWWWWWWEEEESSSSSSOOOOOMMMMMEEEEEE I want an action figure of him. And THERE ARE SOME OUTTAKES AT THE END so do not leave the theatre before you see them.

In summary for now, if I'm getting surgery so I can give this movie three thumbs up. :smile: :smile: :smile: