New movies coming out...

Beauregard

Reaction score
Very true. But this Willy Wonka appers, to me, to look a little too much like a girl.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I'm just glad that they didn't remake this in the late '80s or early '90s. Because you know Michael Jackson would have wanted to be cast as Wonka. This movie, though, looks very cool.

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
I'm just glad that they didn't remake this in the late '80s or early '90s. Because you know Michael Jackson would have wanted to be cast as Wonka. This movie, though, looks very cool.
Come on, you know he would have been ace at it!!

lowercasegods

Reaction score
During the Will Smith period, they were also briefly considering Nicolas Cage for Wonka. God, is there anything they won't consider him for? He was almost Superman back when Tim Burton was gonna direct the new one a few years back, and narrowly missed getting cast as the Green Goblin in Spider-Man. I like Cage as much as the next guy, but let's cast him in roles he fits, for Pete's sake.
And as far as Depp seeming like a girl in this new Wonka, all I can say is that Wonka himself is a very impish character, which would explain any femininity to Depp's performance, and suits the character perfectly.

unclematt

Reaction score
Tim Burton has once again struck gold. This could be one of the biggest money makers of the year. Just what I think.

lowercasegods

Reaction score
I'm in complete agreement on that one, muh man. Burton's cinematic track record is hella impressive. And as a point of interest, keep an eye out for his next animated film, "The Corpse Bride." It's very much in the "Nightmare Before Christmas" mold, and it's based on an old Jewish folktale. I'm about positive it will be out this year. Probably around Halloween.

Blue Weirdo

Reaction score
Well throwing my hat into this discussion here's my list of must-sees for the rest of this year.

Kung Fu Hustle
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Madagascar
Batman Begins
The Fantastic Four
War of the Worlds
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Zu Warriors
The Corpse Bride
The Legend of Zorro
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
The Lion the Witch and the Wordrobe
King Kong

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
I've seen Sin City twice so far. The first time, I liked it, but found it too long and dragging at times. The second time, I realized that it is one of the coolest movies I have ever seen and plan on going to see it at least two more times before it is released on DVD (in which case, I will buy it and watch it over and over again). I really like Robert Rodriguez's style. Four Rooms, From Dusk Til Dawn, and the El Mariachi trilogy are all great movies. I knew Sin City would be something special but man oh man...it's beyond great. There is just so much to see that it is impossible to catch everything the first time. Sin City ranks up there with Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels and Snatch in coolness.

As for SW: Revenge of the Sith...I can not wait. I'm not looking forward to the deaths of Mace Windu and Kit Fissto (two righteously awesome Jedis) but what will be packed into that film in terms of story and events is truly something to look forward to.

I've got my wife reading The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy for the first time. I've heard her giggling, so I can tell she's digging it. She decided she wanted to read the book before seeing the movie...a move I highly recommend to anyone who hasn't yet read Douglas Adams' classic.

Well, my time's up. So long...and thanks for all the fish. :wink:

McFraggle

Reaction score
I agree there's a lot of movies to look forward to coming out.