New Muppet Atractions at Walt Disney World!

Jonathan

Reaction score
Ryan poasted this on toughpigs.com

Just heard about this from somebody who has a freind at WDW:
"I have a friend working at Disney right now, and he recently scooped me on some Muppet happenings in the MGM-Grand theme park. There are three ideas on the table right now for a new Muppet attraction (Muppetvision 4-D will still be there, don't worry).

1. A Muppet parade, where the floats are Muppet parodies of Disney films (Miss Piggy as Ariel, Gonzo as Aladdin, etc).

2. A "Gonzo the Great" show, basically a puppet show focusing on Gonzo (with some guest appearances from other Muppets, I'm sure)

3. You know the part of the park where they have the city skylines and the fake buildings? And you walk through it and it looks like you're in New York or whatever? Well, they'll have Muppets sticking their heads through the windows of a building and do the show like that (the audience just stands on the ground outside, looking up at them).

Keep in mind, ALL of these options would have actual PUPPETS, not people dressed up as Kermit or Piggy or whomever. Apparently, they're going to go with the "Muppets through the building windows" choice, since it's the most cost effective and they can showcase more Muppets. I have no idea WHEN these are going to go into effect, all I know it's in development. My friend tried to get the concept sketches from the computer, but the files were locked. He's still trying, though."

Dunno how true this all is, but let's keep our fingers crossed

Whatever

Reaction score
Cool! At least they are going with puppets and not hideous human costumes.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
This sounds great! Any attractions that use real puppets are fine by me! I especially like the idea of the parody parade.

King Jim

Reaction score
Cool, This should be a sticky 100%. No just joking LOL.

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
I wouldn't make it a sticky until we get more confirmation. Right now this is just a rumor, not fact. Until Screamscape or Miceage confirms this, we will just have to guess.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Those are some cool ideas. I hope Disney showcases the Muppets more.

T

timrikthegorf

You know what, on the muppet web site it says "Gonzo the Great" is coming soon in the sound stage. Perhaps it is a refference to the attraction mentioned! That would be cool! All the ideas sound plausable to me. We already know from the web site that Disney wants to use the actual puppets as opposed to cartoon or 3d animation. I can't wait!

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
It all sounds great. I remember I was excited to be at muppetvision 3D as its the closest to real muppets ive ever come!