New Muppet CD: Jerry Nelson MIA

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I love the new Muppet CD from Rhino. I know that everyone would have done it differently but it is a great collection of songs. My only real issue is that Jerry Nelson is not credited in the performers section. Floyd is heard on some tracks and Pops sings half of the Happiness Hotel. How did this happen? Probably a due to a lack of information supplied to the editor. Janice, Statler and Waldorf are also overlooked, but at least the performers are cited. Just wanted to see if anyone else noticed. I am sure it is not personal - just an oversight.

Jerry kicks a$$!

MahnaMahna

Reaction score
I noticed his name missing too. It looks like performers only got credit for playing a character if their character name appeared under a song track. If you look at the back cover, none of Jerry's characters were credited with actually "singing" - his characters were always lumped in as "The Electric Mayhem" or "the Muppets."

Does my reasoning make sense? This would explain why they included Wayne & Wanda credits (for their 30-40 second appearance) and not some of the main characters who actually have more airtime on the CD.

Seems stupid to me, but I think that is why they did it that way.

I still don't know if that made any sense......

Mark

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but the fact that Pops sings so much of Happiness Hotel, it stands to reason that would be credited. Just weird. I think they should have just made a generic cast list. It would have worked out better. It is a great release other than that.

rowlf

Reaction score
I believe that RHINO just used the listings from the original albums in regards to characters' song assignments. The Electric Mayhem was frequently listed under their group name on the old albums, and Pops wasn't credited on the the original TGMC album and CD reissue for Happiness Hotel.