New Muppet CD & Other Movie News

Luke

Reaction score
Danny, being the incredibly talented fanboy that he is has just posted some news on a new Muppet compilation CD and also other news on new appearances and the movie projects that Henson has in development. You'll find it all at the spoovy Toughpigs.com

Gonzo

Reaction score
....interesting.....

I wonder if the new "compilation" will have anything new on it that we don't already have on CD a few times...it would be nice if it had a few Electric Mayhem numbers on it, but that may be wishful thinking if they're just doing one CD. Good to know there's something in the works, though.

Also nice is the movie news further down the page--I'm glad they're still milling those two ideas around--they way they're described, I think there's potential there.

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnn

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Maybe this time Janice'll finally get her dues with "I Get By With A Little Help From My Friends" or "Rockin' Robin' "...

*sigh*

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah it's interesting to see whats coming along development wise at JHC in this licensing flyer in comparison to last years one that Smiggy scooped. Some of the stuff seems to be coming along nicely like the CD's and Movies but i think in last years one there was a TV show called 'Muppets Present' which (unless it hasn't been mentioned yet) is now missing.

Oh and yes Warrick, 3:19 am - i've turned into an insomniac and went on a posting blitz !

beaker

Reaction score
The Rhino records news was great, gee I wonder if Electric Mayhem songs will be M.I.A. as usual? Hmmm *sarcasm abounds*
As for the movie news, I just had to laugh. The Cheap Muppet Movie at least sounds like a fun nostalic trip back to the Frawley screne test/TMM era...but that other Muppet movie idea. Oh gosh I seriously hope this never gets made, as you thought post emtv Muppet cred was bad? Oh man, my respect and others I think, for JHC would drop exponentially. Its bad enuff it looks like any features coming in the next couple years have to do with 'young adventure' stuff.

In fact,, with the exception of the Rhino cd news thing, is the other 'movie' news portion new? I seriously remember reading about this around the time Phil posted pics of 'Muppets In Space' glasses and mentioning a Muppets In Space movie. (and you guys thought MFS was low on plot, eek!) MFS I think was a better idea to execute than MIS. Anyhoo...
Ive found myself checking out MC and TP lately more and more...does anyone even go to that flash hazard henson.com or the painfully un updated muppets.com/muppetworld.com?

And note to Rhino: Your cred alone would go up exponentially if you were to release an Electric Mayhem cd!!!

Mykol Gantt

Reaction score
I don't know if it would work in theaters, but Muppet Haunted House sounds like it would make a great direct-to-video feature for next Halloween.

Ol' Buddy Bert

Reaction score
I'm very very excited that Rhino is the lable releasing the Muppet music. They are an incredible company that takes good care of all that they release. Just look at what they have accomplished with the Monkees catalog. Their liner notes are always informative, the packaging is usually geared towards the fans who are passionate about what they're listening to. They also are known to really delve into the archives of whoever they're releasing.

I'm really excited about this release and I would like to say that we can anticipate wonderful things from Rhino.

Scott

ZootandDingo

Reaction score
And which conglomerate owns Rhino? Hmm...it seems Disney isn't the only one wooing Kermit. :smile:

Luke

Reaction score
Corey

The whole idea of the news is that it comes from a flyer that updates you on the progress made with ideas. We knew there would be CD's coming out when Smig posted last years licensing flyer - now we know who will be releasing and when. The movies were also mentioned in last years flyer - now we know more about them. Also there were many things mentioned last year that aren't this year - meaning they are further away or nixed.