New Muppet CD & Other Movie News

scarecroe

Reaction score
I know Rhino has a strong partnership with WB, but are they owned by them?

Whoever owns them, they're a fantastic label, and just the right folks to be doing a new Muppet CD. Hopefully it will sell well and we'll see new volumes in the future. Given the Anniversary this year, the influx of Muppet stuff everywhere and Rhino's reputation for distribution, there's a good chance that they'll sell better than the CDs from the early 90's.

I'd love to see a reissue of Ol' Brown Ears Is Back, but that's just wishful thinking on my part.

towels

Reaction score
Just like anything else in the entertainment industry lately, Rhino was a small fish that got gobbled up by a bigger fish. I can't honestly think of very many examples where this resulted in improved products...but hopefully Rhino hands will handle this, not new corporate synergy experts.

Animal

Reaction score
That's really GREAT news!

What I really would love to see is:

The Muppet Show/The Muppet Show 2=
The first two original albums released on CD in their original form, as a double CD! That would be so cool!

I would also love to see The Muppet Show Music Album on CD, maybe with new unreleased bonus tracks!

And of course I'd would love to see them release the first 3 old soundtracks again: The Muppet Movie, The Great Muppet Caper & The Muppets Take Manhattan!

Oh...and I would also love to see some more Fraggle Rock releases like the old original albums, and a re-release of Music & Magic, with much more tracks!!!

*Hans*

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
AOL Time Warner

Rhino is indeed a diversion of AOl Time Warner.

beaker

Reaction score
luke:

>>>Also there were many things mentioned last year that aren't this year - meaning they are further away or nixed.<<<

Well, lets hope this and the 'Time Machine' and others get nixed too...Im not sure if I could stand another kiddy-fied cinderelmo
cheapquel no brainer type of deal. MHH sounds too scooby doo and I just could not stand and watch JHC wallow in utter stupidity like that. Cheapest Movie sounds fun, but I really think JHC needs to hone their attenas toward something really smart.

As far as the Rhino thing, its definately a breath of fresh air!
I think we'll all be looking forward to this cd, and if they included an electric mayhem track or two...oh man!

Im willing to bet someone out there JHC related or freelancer has a incredible concept and vision for a Muppet feature...one that if JHC got wind theyd quickly shoot down any notion of these stupid Muppet movie ideas weve been hearing about. KSY is one thing, it feels like a Disney Muppet live action special with Bean Bunny circa 1993(with hip hop dancing bears)

Luke

Reaction score
Hey Corey,

I'd bet none of them gets made. It's typical to keep a few ideas in development incase somebody walks up and says "Hey, I love the Muppets, Heres a movie deal worth $10 Million" but nobody has done that for Henson recently and they are likely concentrating on the TV right now anyway, plus doing some more direct to video stuff like Swamp Years.

They do need to get a new movie deal, and some fresh movie ideas from some great new writers, but i'm sure all thats gonna come along ONCE they get the TV profile sorted out again and are back 'en vogue' and in top form.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

Yeah,
They are obviously trying to work their way back 'up' again.

Its like The Muppet Show times, They were working upwards.
Then they were on top for a long time, Then they fell in the 90's.

Now they are trying to repeat it, Without the falling again i hope!

See ya

Ol' Buddy Bert

Reaction score
I'd love to see a reissue of Ol' Brown Ears Is Back, but that's just wishful thinking on my part.
You know, Scarecroe, I would like to se that as well. Even more wishful thinking on my part would be for a rerelease sans orchestra tracks. I'd love to hear the original production of just piano and voice...that feels more like Rowlf to me.

Still, it's a fun album...I just think it might've been even better without the post production...it reminds me a little bit of Phil Spector and what he did to the Long and Winding Road.

Scott

towels

Reaction score
Cheapest Muppet Movie Ever

Hadn't I heard that as a Frank Oz story back on the other boards?

beaker

Reaction score
>>>but i'm sure all thats gonna come along ONCE they get the TV profile sorted out again and are back 'en vogue' and in top form.<<<

i was predicting 2002, but was thinking more of a 'beginning of the road to the top' with 2002...as I truly see 2003 being the magnificent rise of the Muppets. I would truly hate to see the aforementioned movie ideas get greenlighted, or any "classic tale retelling'' or anything cheesey like that.

About ol brown ears, and other cds...I would really love to see these get reissued. Im not into paying a ton of money for import cds or OOP cds on ebay. Or trying to find tracks on share file sites. This upcoming Rhino cd sounds like a good first step. Personally, my vision is a grand reunification and the all out success of JHC. Of course the Muppet brand would have to get back to the hardcore media saturation and mainstream success of the 'good years'. So somehow we have to go from a 'hardcore legion of 1000 fans'(whatever JHC means by those figures)
and outsiders seeing it as kiddy stuff/nostalgic stuff.

As til now, Muppet love is still pretty much underground...
and weve finally been seeing a new trickle of new Muppet stuff. It'll be really neat when we see non main 5 related JHC products.