1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

New Muppet Central Site Design

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Phillip, Sep 10, 2002.

1. BorkBork

BorkBork New Member

Wow, it looks great. Actually, the muppets at the top...i had the very same idea for my homepage some time ago, but the muppets would pop up in those boxes when clicking on them. But i never made it, don't know why ;)

I haven't really explord the new site yet, just seen the front page. I will go surfin on muppetcentral now ;)

/Anders
  2. jeffy

jeffy New Member

Wow!

I had no idea--I mean NO idea--about the new launch. I saw the "image" of the old (that feels weird..."old") site, and wrinkled my brow. Then the site started breaking down! I was sad! Then, halfway through my letter to the webmaster, trying to report this technical glitch, the car full of Muppets came out of the screen, and the new site was there.

WOW. What an improvement.

Congratulations to everyone involved.

...and I've only seen the home page. I've not clicked on any link, yet.

Jeffy
    http://www.jeffyjeffy.com
  3. scarecroe

scarecroe Active Member

Jaime and Phil, I am thoroughly impressed.
  4. scarecroe

scarecroe Active Member

Okay, I've now refreshed frontpage.shtml over 30 times now to see if I can start getting repeated grouped characters... and I can't seem to so far. I don't know who's more insane: me for doing this, or Jaime for having designed so many marquees.
  5. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

145 characters are included in the main menu so far. :D And yes, I am insane.
  6. OMGOMGOMG what a SPECTACULAR new look!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

:D :D :D :D

This is SUPERB, Phil & Jamie---thanks SOOOOOOOO much for all your effort, work, and patience!! IT'S AMAZING!!!

I even saw JANICE in an arch when I first went! :D And then MOKEY popped up later! :D (Janice was in the "radio" arch, Mokey in the "collectibles"). This is for Jackie:

*sigh*

Such a collectible...

FRYMYHIDE!!!

:D
  7. Buck-Beaver

Buck-Beaver Active Member

Congrats on the new look guys - it's awesome! I love the themed marquees, Jamie did you create all the backgrounds for them from scratch or lift them from somewhere?
  8. SuprGro78

SuprGro78 New Member

Those Cards that Smig designed are amazing!! Everyone Check them out!
  9. mango

mango New Member

Bravo... Encore! .. Encore!

As a web designer who works in multimedia myself, I can very much appreciate the cohesive design and usability of the new site and it is outstanding! Well Done.

Large sites get very tedious - especially when you are updating several Navigation Bars. I can only imagine how long all the fine-tuning and meticulous workings took to conceptualise and complete.

I also love the random character 'surprise' element on afew of the navigation bars.

Do you get any messages or commendations from the people at Jim Henson Co. for working so hard?

Love your work! :D

Cheers,

mango
  10. sherlockhemlock

sherlockhemlock New Member

Incredible... simply incredible.
  11. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

There are about 150 characters in the rotation. The further out from the center logo you go the more random and obscure the characters typically become. When Jamie and I were originally brainstorming ideas for the menu, I really wanted every character to rotate randomly and independently of the others. It kind of takes the random banners on our old front page one step further. Jamie accepted the challenge and after he did a ton of work, trial and error produced the fantastic result you see now.
  12. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

All the backgrounds were constructed and painted primarily in Photoshop. Some material is scanned but most (95%) of it is my creation - especially proud of the Sesame Street menu.
  13. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

Amazing!

Take that Henson.com!!! Wonderful work Jamie and Phil!!!
    I love how the page starts off with the old classic page and then the whole thing just falls apart, it's like saying good bye in a muppety way! great job!
  14. Ol' Buddy Bert

Ol' Buddy Bert New Member

Originally posted by Ol' Buddy Bert

"Phil, Cindy and all the other MC staff..."

Jamie...my apologies that I didn't congratulate you by name seeing as you've done the graphic work.

Anyway, excellent job, Jamie. I'm very, very impressed with your work.

regards,
  15. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

LOL! Didn't notice that. No problem. Glad you like it. :)
  16. Smig

Smig New Member

The new banners add a lot to the site! Good going, Jamie and Phil!
  17. Gonzo

Gonzo Active Member

The New Look of Muppet Central!

Wow--I was just doing a drive-by, and saw the new look for the site....and I love it! I love the "transition" that takes us from the old MC to the new MC, and I can't wait to see all of the new goodies here. My favorite part right now is just seeing which of my friends is going to pop up in the arches next--I keep refreshing just to see who's going to be the Muppets I meet on the Muppet Central tonight!

Great job, folks! As usual...

Quinnnnnnnnn
  18. Mayhem Diva

Mayhem Diva New Member

I'm a newcomer, but I have to agree with Quinn. I was knocked out by the new look... and I love the "Moving Right Along" motif!

The animated arch-occupants are a triumph! :)
  19. EmmyMik

EmmyMik New Member

I just have to say that new and different things scare me. This is new and different, but I am not scared (lol, I guess this is a compliment!).

Anyway, this looks fantastic!

Muffins for all!
  20. Lynnette

Lynnette Member

That was such a cool surprise! Pretty slick keeping the news quiet. I entered the site as usual and started reading "Muppet Central Re-launch Goes Live". I thought, "Cool...but I don't see any difference." Then it all fell apart - so clever!!

The new site looks great! This is fun!

-Lynnette