New Muppet Game!

Jonathan

Reaction score
Chek This out !!!henson Clik on the link Then go th interative and click New releases

Luke

Reaction score
Muppets Take To The Skies (Playstation) December 2002

Clear the runway! This Muppet adventure soars (and hops) from Country Fair Foolishness to Pirate Island insanity in a series of thrilling air shows. Play as your favorite Muppet in ariel acrobatics, balooning buffoonery, ridiculous races, and chicken herding! It's felt, fur and furious flying with these daring Muppet aviators!

Luke

Reaction score
Sounds like 'Muppet Racemania' in planes really, but definitely looking forward to it. I guess there will be levels for each Muppet movie just like Racemania, and maybe it's being done by the same people as the last two. Quite a nice concept, hope there's some exploding penguins in there too, it's not fair if the sheep get to be herded.

It astounds me that more hasn't been made of this by Henson, not even a press release and no word from the software company and nothing on their site. I wonder if it was shown at the ECTS in London over the weekend, as i know it's a British company that produced the other games although TDK Mediactive is the company that is supposed to have the PSone rights now but i thought their deal releases weren't until next year and theres nothing on their site.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Luke,

Hey,
I typed it all out too, So im gonna post it anywa, Wasted effort - LOL !

That was Chicken Herding !

--

The Muppets Take To The Skies - Playstation - December 2002

Clear The Runway! This Muppet Adventure soars (and Hops) from Country Fair Foolishness to Pirate Island Insanity in a series of thrilling Air Shows.
Play as your favorite Muppet in aerial acrobatics , Ballooning, Buffooning, Ridiculous Races and Chicken Herding!
Its Fur, Felt and Furious Flying with these daring Muppet aviators!

--

See ya

Luke

Reaction score
Chickens, Foxes ..... it doesn't make a difference - it's still discrimination against fame seeking Penguins. :big_grin:

Even stranger, it's a flying game and chickens don't fly - how can you herd them ?

Ahhh - the important topics discussed and debated at Muppet Central !

BorkBork

Reaction score
I hope it will not only be for PS2...i only have the older playstation.

Well, there's always that ps2 emulator to download :smile:

/Anders

grail

Reaction score
i think we can get the word out...

beaker

Reaction score
Hold on...is this for psone? If so, get ready for more bad pixelated polygons! Muppet Race Mania was so muddy and at times insanely aggrivating(due to console limitations) I cant believe I spent so much time on it. I suspect this new game, if its the same system will look pretty close to it. The PS2 would be a better choice, but for Muppet games they like to go the low brow way.

It's funny, the Game Boy Advance version of Monsters Inc looks and plays wayyyyyyy better than the psone version.

Luke

Reaction score
I think it is for PSone but TDK also have the license for Gameboy, PS2, PC and Xbox - you will defintiely be seeing these kinda games on those platforms next year.

As for Racemania - you may scoff now but at the time it was the bee's knee's !

beaker

Reaction score
>>>As for Racemania - you may scoff now but at the time it was the bee's knee's <<<

Dude, I remember I bought it when it came out...early 2000(or late 1999) and that was no bee knees, nor 'the bomb'. By the standards, the Sega Dreamcast ran circles around what Psone could do, as psone's polygon capacity even then was quite low. I did however like the fact so many characters were in it, and even FR references.