New Muppet movie in development for potential 2013 release

Status
Not open for further replies.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
So, new promo on Disney.com:

http://video.disney.com/watch/new-y...50b8d86c1fb?playlist=4eeca2d050050826cea8eb61

Some new clips, including a toiler humor joke I would rather see cut from the final product. But I really don't like this emphasis on Ross Lynch's cameo, who probably barely puts a dent in the story. His scene's been in every trailer so far.
Since they played the music, I was hoping for more of Scooter's Moves Like Jagger. I really wanna see that whole scene. As far as the poop joke, you had to have seen it coming. I mean, they have to appeal to the kids that watch Nickelodeon.

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
I think it is Robin… WOO! MORE MUPPETS! OOAGJGOAOGNGANGAON!

Yah, Ross is DEFINITELY not going to have a big part in this movie. It seems that he's in a musical number and that's it. (Such a BIG scene!!! :rolleyes:) I do understand why they're doing it though, they want to get all the tween fangirls to go see the movie. I just don't feel like the Muppets should be handled that way. :sigh:

galagr

Reaction score
Yah, Ross is DEFINITELY not going to have a big part in this movie. It seems that he's in a musical number and that's it. (Such a BIG scene!!! :rolleyes:) I do understand why they're doing it though, they want to get all the tween fangirls to go see the movie. I just don't feel like the Muppets should be handled that way. :sigh:
You're speaking the truth, Casey. I feel like at least 30% of people seeing MMW are seeing it because of the celebrity cameos. Whether it be a two second cameo from Tom Hiddleston or Ross Lynch (I swear, freakin' half the comments on the trailer are: ZOMG!!!!1! [insert Ross Lynch or Tom Hiddleston here] is sooooo dreamie! i hope theey gett lots of skreentiem, mor then those wierd fluppets or whateves their called), or a co-star from Tina Fey and Ricky Gervais.

Heck, the Muppets seem to have this problem with Animal. They push him in the trailers and promotions like he's the star of the movie, because most casual fans/ average joes recognize him. To be frank, I'm pretty sick of Animal. To me, every time he comes on screen, it's the equivalent of someone coming on screen and going "Hey! Lookie here kiddies! Funny random stuff! *jingles keys*".

Drtooth

Reaction score
That's Disney flexing it's corporate synergy muscle. I'm sure that they urged that cameo in the first place (wonder if it's as backhanded as the Selina Gomez one), so they're going to ramp that up in the promotion. But then again, it seems they're doing that was most of the cameos anyway.

That said, I hope Danny Trejo has some good screen time in this one. He's awesome.

Heck, the Muppets seem to have this problem with Animal. They push him in the trailers and promotions like he's the star of the movie, because most casual fans/ average joes recognize him. To be frank, I'm pretty sick of Animal. To me, every time he comes on screen, it's the equivalent of someone coming on screen and going "Hey! Lookie here kiddies! Funny random stuff! *jingles keys*".
I agree in terms of merchandise (though Beaker's slightly starting to edge him out and they are promoting the rest of the Electric Mayhem as well), and that, essentially, that was his role at the end of MFS. The Kathy Griffin thing was kinda funny, but other than that, he really didn't contribute to much. But I really did like how they handled him in the last movie. Not quite the giant Animal popping out of the Muppet Labs building and scaring away Doc Hopper, but probably some of my favorite theatrical Animal was in TM.

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
I really did like how they handled him in the last movie. Not quite the giant Animal popping out of the Muppet Labs building and scaring away Doc Hopper, but probably some of my favorite theatrical Animal was in TM.
It's funny that you brought that scene up because the other day I was thinking that MMW could use something big, crazy, colourful, visual and unpredictable like the TMM giant-Animal scene. The string-of-Muppets-on-a-helicopter bits might do it when we finally see them in context on a big screen, but I'd like to see what else Stoller and Bobin concocted in terms of eye-popping visuals.

Like you, I thought some of Animal's finest moments came in TM2011. Far from being the hairy-guy-yelling-randomly-for-comic-effect that we occasionally fear he's become, Animal got some great scenes in Segel and Stoller's script, a few surprises we didn't see coming (Jack Black: "Hey, buddy, what are you doing here?" Animal: "Acting...Natural..."), and that beautiful moment when he returns to drumming during the "Rainbow Connection" number because, essentially, he knows he is needed to help save the theatre. That scene displays an undercurrent of loyalty and nobility that we don't see frequently enough in Animal, and I hope MWW continues that trend.

Drtooth

Reaction score
In case anyone cares...

they had Over the Hedge rebroadcast on ABC. They had MMW Tv sports (the same one, though) during at least 3 commercial breaks. Oddly, considering it's a Dreamworks film, I didn't see a single Peabody and Sherman ad.

So, we're on the right start now.

Status
Not open for further replies.