New Muppet movie in development for potential 2013 release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teheheman

Reaction score
I think the press need to let it go on this Jason Segel thing. How much clearer can he be that he doesn't want to be involved anymore?
The reason the press won't let it go was the fact that he played such a pivotal role in getting this one made. He wrote it, he starred in it, he was pretty much the guy who got the studio and everybody else on board and got everyone excited about the feature. So everybody just assumes that without Segel, this is gonna just suck. That being said, TMM, MTM, etc relied mostly on the cameos in the movie rather than the humans themselves, so they should be ok.

Daniel

Teheheman

Reaction score
Still you simply don't always get the time you need. Casablanca was written on the set as it was filming, lol. Some of the Star Trek movies were written under tight deadlines. I'm not saying this new movie will be Casablanca or Star Trek II (nothing else is, lol), but a tight time schedule doesn't have to mean disaster.
Yeah but sequels are those things that, unless they have a plot right away, don't live up to the original unless they have some time between movies and not rush things into production.

Daniel

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah but sequels are those things that, unless they have a plot right away, don't live up to the original unless they have some time between movies and not rush things into production.
I don't entirely see this as a sequel, not in a franchise like this. The same way I don't consider Star Trek II a sequel, it's just a different chapter. But if we're talking sequels, usually the big mistake studios make is to develop amnesia as to why the first film was successful in the first place and proceed to create something totally different, and untested. Or there's such enormous pressure to one up the first film that they try to do everything ten times bigger. Neither method works. But very often the following sequel will be a lot better because they finally remembered what made the first film work in the first place.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
NO! they don't need to write a movie based on what us fans like and disslike. they need to write what they want to write.

Walter

Reaction score
Does anyone wanna write a note to James and Nick and tell them to check out this thread? XP
Maybe we can assume that they are reading it right now.. I mean, I'm sure Jason visits the site every once in awhile, so maybe he showed it to James and or Nick at some point during production... That being said...

Hi Jason!:fanatic::smile: If you haven't already, you should show this site to James and Nick!!:smile::fanatic::mad:

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
No but it gives them ideas. And I was partially kidding about actually writing them folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.