New Muppet stuff coming to Disney MGM in 2006

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
hey gang,

I just read on JM.com that, well here you read it...

**Still, it's not only bad news that's coming out of MGM these days. Every now and then, there are a few rays of hope. Take -- for example -- what I've heard about Jim Henson's daughter, Heather. Evidently, the youngest Henson has been working with the Imagineers on a fun new retail venue for the "Muppets Studios" area at the studio theme park. A shop that's patterned after the "Build-a-Bear" stores where WDW guests can (by mixing eyes, ears, noses & hair) make their own Muppet.

Speaking of this section of Disney-MGM: Disneyana fans have long lamented the fact that -- though the expansion pad for this proposed attraction was cleared & prepped back in the early 1990s -- the Imagineers never actually went forward with construction of "The Great Muppet Movie Ride." Opting instead to use this area for that outdoor stage where "The Spirit of Pocahontas" and "The Hunchback of Notre Dame: A Musical Adventure" shows were presented. At least until this venue closed down for good in September of 2002, that is.**

:excited: YOooo HOooo!!! :smile:

Barry Lee

Reaction score
a_Mickey_Muppet said:
hey gang,

I just read on JM.com that, well here you read it...

**Still, it's not only bad news that's coming out of MGM these days. Every now and then, there are a few rays of hope. Take -- for example -- what I've heard about Jim Henson's daughter, Heather. Evidently, the youngest Henson has been working with the Imagineers on a fun new retail venue for the "Muppets Studios" area at the studio theme park. A shop that's patterned after the "Build-a-Bear" stores where WDW guests can (by mixing eyes, ears, noses & hair) make their own Muppet.

Speaking of this section of Disney-MGM: Disneyana fans have long lamented the fact that -- though the expansion pad for this proposed attraction was cleared & prepped back in the early 1990s -- the Imagineers never actually went forward with construction of "The Great Muppet Movie Ride." Opting instead to use this area for that outdoor stage where "The Spirit of Pocahontas" and "The Hunchback of Notre Dame: A Musical Adventure" shows were presented. At least until this venue closed down for good in September of 2002, that is.**

:excited: YOooo HOooo!!! :smile:
That would be cool, BUT, you really shouldn't beleive Jim Hill :smile:

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
Barry Lee said:
That would be cool, BUT, you really shouldn't beleive Jim Hill :smile:
why not ?

just because he has an opinion dosent make everything he wrights untrue, hes been right about many things in the past , you cant believe everything read anywhere news papers and magazines get things wrong as well.

MWoO

Reaction score
Out of all the things I wanted Disney to put in the muppet area of MGM, another shop was not one of them. I mean it's nice and all but how about some content to go along with it.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
So when is this coming to fruition? I'm going in approximately one month :excited: but I doubt it'll be up by then. Still, I think it's a very cool idea. :smile:

spcglider

Reaction score
When my wife and i went just before Christmas, i noticed the Muppet Fountain had been partially dismantled. Maybe they're just cleaning the sculptures, or maybe they're prepping to get rid of it in favor of a shop space?

That little corner over there is pretty desolate. And we were completely underwhelmed by the offering of Muppet merchandise from the Muppet Store. Over half the space was just more Disney Princess stuff.

And speaking of that, when does Piggy get to become a Disney Princess???

-Gordon

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Yeah, everytime I go to DW I think about what I might buy at the muppet store, only to find almost nothing I'd actually want. No movie soundtracks? No cool tshirts? Bah humbug.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Usually when Jim Hill posts these they are usually untrue, or never expanded. It is sad they can't have a Muppet movie ride, using the area for crap like Pochauntas, which is by far the worst film I've ever seen on the big screen.

MWoO

Reaction score
I hope they don't takeo ut the fountain for a shop when they can just clear ut the generic disney crap from the muppet stuff shop/

sugarbritchez

Reaction score
We can all hope for at least SOMETHING to happen involving the Muppets.