New Muppets Baby Dolls (I think)

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
I like these muppet babies and the muppet babies puppets as seen in the MTM way better than the cartoon version.

Whislt we are on the topic, is The Muppets Take Manhattan the only time the muppet babies have been seen in live action.

I may be confused but I think I can remember seeing a muppet babies live action photo of them as characters from the wizard of oz, I could be totally wrong, I dont know if this was a segment from something or just a photo or maybe I am just dillusional. lol.

from,
Paul :smile: :stick_out_tongue:

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Erine81981 said:
I liked the muppet babies growing up. I kind of wished they were the ones to have. Why can't they make them out of the same mitural and sell them?
I would think that the reason for this is the same reason they dont and never have made replicas of the puppets or poseable replicas of any of the muppets for the general public, could you imagine what would happen if these got into the wrong hands, they would be selling photos etc without being authorised by henson and it could damage the henson name and reputation. Imagine if someone made photos of the muppets performing a bad crime or something. If they sold the actual henson puppets or replicas of them, people could do shows or movies of the muppets and Henson wouldnt be getting any money for them.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Muppet puppets cost thousands of dollars and quite a bit of time to make. There's no way they can replicate that in mass production.

The materials used in the Muppets are rather fragile. No way they could all pass muster with QC inspections for a commercial product. They have to be child safe for at least ages five and older.

True that there should be some compromise in quality to set the commercial puppets apart from the real ones, but that is not why they look different.

Gonzo

Reaction score
drspy00 said:
Whislt we are on the topic, is The Muppets Take Manhattan the only time the muppet babies have been seen in live action.

I may be confused but I think I can remember seeing a muppet babies live action photo of them as characters from the wizard of oz, I could be totally wrong, I dont know if this was a segment from something or just a photo or maybe I am just dillusional. lol.
Paul, I'm sure you are delusional, but this time you're correct. There's a live-action clip of the Muppet Babies in "Muppet Family Christmas," which has unfortunately been almost completely edited out of current versions available on VHS or DVD.

There were also large storybooks with beautiful photos of those "posers" of the Muppet Babies: "Muppet Babies Favorite Children's Stories" and "Muppet Babies Nursery Rhymes." The Wizard of Oz picture you describe is the cover of "Muppet Babies Favorite Children's Stories," and features Kermit as the Scarecrow, Piggy as Dorothy, Gonzo as the Tin Woodman, and Fozzie as the Cowardly Lion. Both are great books, with dozens of great pictures, and are worth your time and money if you ever track them down. Pictures from those pop up every once in a while.

So that's probably what you saw.

Or think you saw.

:smile: :mad: :concern: :embarrassed:

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Thanks Quinn, You dont really think I am Dillusional do you?

I think we all are pretty wacky here! :stick_out_tongue:

Baby Rowlf

Reaction score
drspy00 said:
Thanks Quinn, You dont really think I am Dillusional do you?

I think we all are pretty wacky here! :stick_out_tongue:
Awww, cute!! they fiunally brought the puppet versions out of retirement!:smile: In the meantime, it boils down the the same point I've been making recently: Where's Baby Rowlf?!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
They were part of Piggy's fantasy in TMTM, so how did they happen to be part of their history in Muppet Family Christmas, especially when we're told in TMM that they all met by happenstance?

Erine81981

Reaction score
If u don't recall what Robin ask Kermit "Is this how it happened?"
and Kermit says "Kinda of." (I know he says something that resembles that) But like Kermit says it might have happened that way.

Beauregard

Reaction score
In MFC I will always say that it was a 'home movie', but it means that they were messing around with a film camera during the filming of Piggy's Fantisy. I mean they must have got some baby Muppet's in to perform for that scene.

Does this solve the problem?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
He says, "Well, it's sort of approximately how it happened."

I see what you're saying, but then there's Kermit's Swamp Years. Why would he end up leaving his mom to live in a nursery--unless she got a real job and that was the day care where they all met. So, this could slightly begin to fit except for one thing:

It was all a part of Miss Piggy's FANTASY in the carriage with Kermit. UGH! LOL!

:mad: