New Muppets Christmas Special

Status
Not open for further replies.

tide

Reaction score
Hi, long time lurker on these forums but finally decided to post to see if anyone had any info on a new Muppets Christmas special in the works. Someone who works for a production company on another message board I frequent mentioned that they are currently doing location scouting for a Muppets special which they only described as "the Muppets need help rushing their mail to Santa at the North Pole." If this is already posted somewhere I apologize.

RKUNKLER

Reaction score
I always liked the fact that the Muppets in the other specials mostly stayed away from santa. It seems like something Sesame Street would do. I don't like the idea at all.

ngreen522

Reaction score
What the Hey?:rolleyes: .... Well, I might as well start "praying" now. *crosses fingers, arms, & legs.* "Please don't be cheesy. Please don't be cheesy. Please don't be cheesy. Please don't be cheesy ....."

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'll believe it when I hear more details. lets not forget about Kermit's Christmas Capers... it was considered, but it never happened.

Beauregard

Reaction score
The Muppets have done Santa before (Doc in a suit anyone? The Great Santa Switch? Jim Henson?) but they'd have to be very very carefull...

Mind you, if they can get away with "The Boss" they can do Santa I'm sure :stick_out_tongue:

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I agree with DrTooth, I'll believe it when I see a press release or some kind of solid proof.

Personally I don't believe any Christmas special they make would match up to Muppet Family Christmas, but they can prove me wrong if they want :smile:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I need some P-R-O-O-F before I believe it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Personally I don't believe any Christmas special they make would match up to Muppet Family Christmas, but they can prove me wrong if they want :smile:

How could it and no way it could. All I can say. but it doesn't have to measure up. AS long as its better than Elmo's Christmas Countdown, we're golden. And as long as Disney doesn;t try to shoehorn their "stars" into this one. We need one that will appeal to everyone here...

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Hmm... no offense, but I don't really trust the source. Great if this actually happens, but right now I'm incredibly skeptical.

Status
Not open for further replies.