New Pics: Jason Segel and the Muppets at the L.A. movie set

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Dude...this movie is getting made.

This movie is definitely getting made and is on schedule for next Christmas. I don't understand the pessimism with this one particular great thing that's actually been going right! I'll put on my wet blanket for a minute and say the worst that could happen (and probably won't) is that the movie won't turn out as great a hoped and Disney will fail to promote it and reschedule its release to get lost among other films. But again, that's very pessimistic. I don't see that happening even in the Fringe alternative universe, so quit peeing in my cornflakes!

Mupp

Reaction score
I still say there's a possibility that the movie could still be shelved before it hits theaters.
No offense, but at this point I do believe that is the most ridiculous thing that you have ever said. :embarrassed:

GoboDeadly95

Reaction score
YAAAAY! I'm taking my little brother to see it just the two of us. He'll be six and a half then so he's like the perfect age! That's when I really hit the Muppet age. The movie I saw was Muppets in Space. I hope I can make this one as cool for him as my mom made Muppets in Space for me. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
For the thousandth time, I'm not being negative, I'm trying to be realistic.
I see what the problem is, and I would even try to look at it with a negative eye... but consider this.

The time for Disney to put the project in mothballs without losing a substantial amount of money has long passed. That was during the script writing phase... maybe initial locational scouting. Now, yes, there are horror stories of films being shot down out of production while they're being filmed, but those are pretty extreme cases. Disney is a well run entertainment company, and I feel they're smart enough to not screw up the movie in any aspect. There is the worry that they'd treat the movie like it didn't exist once it's filmed and hide the release date and fail to promote it, sure... but that would be completely Weinstine... err... stupid of them to do so. They've sunk a LOT of money into purchasing the property... they've actually done a pretty good job marketing them so far. Nothing they're doing since that shaky first year (and since everything depended on OZ, no wonder it was so shaky) says we have no plans to make this movie.

Pulling the plug now would be costly and stupid. Too many big big names have signed on to not raise a fuss or some eye brows if something were to go down on Disney's part. Plus, Jason IS a pretty big name in the industry now... HE came to them with the project and all. If they want him to do the voice of a hip hop dog in a few years, they better had keep him happy and get this project.

There's too much money to be made NOT to try to release a film. Sure, if something were to go down, and the movie weren't successful THEN is the time to worry about the future of the franchise... as for now, I agree... nothing short of WW3 will shut this movie down. And if North Korea screws anything up with the world until then, i'll personally go over their and strangle Eel-man myself.

Mupp

Reaction score
Pulling the plug now would be costly and stupid. Too many big big names have signed on to not raise a fuss or some eye brows if something were to go down on Disney's part. Plus, Jason IS a pretty big name in the industry now... HE came to them with the project and all. If they want him to do the voice of a hip hop dog in a few years, they better had keep him happy and get this project.

There's too much money to be made NOT to try to release a film. Sure, if something were to go down, and the movie weren't successful THEN is the time to worry about the future of the franchise... as for now, I agree... nothing short of WW3 will shut this movie down.
That's pretty much how I feel about it too.

GoboDeadly95

Reaction score
That's pretty much how I feel about it too.
It's sooo true. They even announced it on the Macy's day parade that it was comming out. That's HUGE publicity. If they aren't going to finish it why publicise? [sorry about the spelling.] I'm still excited! I can't wait to take my little brother!:wink:

Large Marvin

Reaction score
I haven't caught up with all of the news for the new movie. However, I am really excited. I may be a little out of touch, but I heard that Paul Rudd is doing the voice for the Walter puppet. What are everyone's thoughts on this? Seems a little pointless, and actually makes me a little bit angry.

KatWoman

Reaction score
To me, the Muppets have been all about the suspension of disbelief. I know they're puppets, you know they're puppets... but when you see them performed... even in person with the Puppeteer staring right at you... they take on a life of their own and become REAL.
Absolutely! I've noticed that the minute the Muppet goes on the arm, it becomes a separate life-form!

GoboDeadly95

Reaction score
Wait they aren't real? :embarrassed:
Jk.
But I totally believe they are from Fraggles to Doozers to Kermit to Uncle Deadly! All of them are really real to me and they are soooo unique! From the voice to the body to the personality! I just wish the whole wide world would look at each other that way and embrace each person for the person they are. I think that's why I love the Muppets so much and want to give that joy to my siblings and, God willing, my children and/or the kids I teach.

Large Marvin

Reaction score
So far, looks good. Still not too keen about Jason Segel's involvement... his movies are usually the same old "would-be comedian writes script with himself in mind, on a series of unrealistically slapstick misadventures" garb.
I agree, in the story why couldn't Kermit, or another Muppet, have been the one to get the group back together. It seems arrogant to write yourself into the movie as the one who "saves the day."

Still will go see it though.