1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

New Pics: Jason Segel and the Muppets at the L.A. movie set

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Mupp, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Puckrox

Puckrox Well-Known Member

Oh, I know Eric does a fabulous job. I also know that Frank still comes back and does bits on Sesame, which is why I was curious. It's sad he's retired from Muppets, but I know Eric will be fantastic, just like this movie!

SO awesome! I keep getting more and more excited for this film!
  2. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

I'd have to put that in the "maybe" category. The description of the Muppet does fit Deadly's but he also calls it a "new Muppet" and doesn't refer to him by name. Always possible it is Deadly and CC doesn't know Muppet history but it's still wait-and-see on that one.
  3. TSSD

TSSD Active Member

This photo from bleeding cool shows him, so this could be true.[​IMG]
  4. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Seems like this is Deadly since we know he's in it. The real question is...will there be Mildred in 2011?:eek:
  5. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

WHAAAAHOOOOOOOVILO!

*more to follow*
  6. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

My guess is that it's a newly created bad guy Muppet, and that the Uncle Deadly rebuild is for cameo scenes. Uncle Deadly as a bad guy henchmen is a cool idea, just not sure they're referring to him. Plus I picture him more in a tux for the el capitan scene.
  7. dwmckim

Yes, that's what i was referring to in my last post - i wasn't doubting Deadly was in the movie, just that based on what was thrown out in the article that it can't be 100% confirmed that that's what his role in the movie actually was.
  8. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

After seeing more pictures and reading a bit more, it does indeed seem like Uncle Deadly is Chris Cooper's sidekick. I originally thought perhaps they created a smaller character with more color that was dragon like...but seeing Uncle Deadly apart from the main muppets, it seems likely he is whom Cooper was referring too.

Someone suggested that perhaps Cooper discovers him at the old theater, containing a grudge and more than willing to help to destroy the Muppets and put them out of business. As I mentioned in the other thread, its astonishing that Uncle Deadly went from simply being kept alive for decades by niche fan love, to becoming one of the main characters in Disney's main holiday tentpole. Im sure we'll see many shockers and surprises like that
  9. Canadian Fan

Canadian Fan Member

I'm assuming that Matt Vogel is puppeteering Uncle Deadly, since he took over Jerry Nelson's Muppet Show characters.
  10. dwmckim

That would be my guess too. I was kind of thinking with Deadly at least, it would be nice if Jerry could dub his voice since (a) it would give Jerry a chance to take part in some way in The Big Relaunch Project and (b) UD is one character whose voice is such a big part of the character - the longtime Shakespearean ham actor! But cool as that may be, that still opens up the "Walter syndrome"; if he was voiced by someone other than a currently active Muppeteer, it would limit the character's ability to do live interviews for the movie's promotional media blitz and beyond, Deadly may come into a bit more prominenance.
  11. cahuenga

cahuenga Active Member

I would love to herar Jerry in the new film! its a possibility that crossed my mind too! and I hope that Frank could do something, like voicing one of his characters, Sam for example, or Marvin suggs, George....
  12. Puckrox

I don't think Frank's coming back. He's moved on. But Jerry's a whole other story. I'd love it if his voice was dubbed in for a character or two of his. :sing:
  13. GoboDeadly95

GoboDeadly95 Active Member

OMG OMG UNCLE DEADLY! I LOVE UNCLE DEADLY! :D :D I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy that made my day!
  14. Canadian Fan

Canadian Fan Member

It's great that there's more focus on the classic Muppet Show characters in this movie. When was the last time Uncle Deadly was seen, not to mention Thog and Behemoth (where's Timmy Monster and the Mutations).
  15. GoboDeadly95

GoboDeadly95 Active Member

I remember the day after surgery 2 months ago I watched the Twiggy episode with Uncle Deadly on season one of the Muppet show and he was all like "I'm the phantom of the Muppet show." and being the TOTAL phantom of the opera geek I am I started laughing sooooo hard and thus. . . Uncle Deadly became one of my favorites.
  16. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Annother cameo announced

Now, I gotta say this... this is unsettlingly close to the Disney Meddling I was concerned with, putting people from shows on their networks into the film...they picked a GOOD choice, I think... and from a show that's actually good, and I'm considering if this was a Universal release, we'd see nothing but NBC fall line up commercials for shows that would get canceled before the movie came out... but I'm wondering if this doesn't seem forced. Though I like this kid, indeed I do. He is one of the funniest members of the cast, and I'm sure he'd work well.
  17. Puckrox

I love Manny on Modern Family, so I can't say I'm too disappointed... I just hope this movie doesn't overkill with cameos. I love a good cameo, but too much might be too much.
  18. Drtooth

I'm going to request a favor of someone.

I want someone to list all the potential cameo guests, even the ones that backed out/were just rumors. Just to see how many of them are actually still in the running.

I know the Lady Gaga bit isn't definite and the I Dream of Jeannie cameo was a rumor...
  19. dwmckim

Doesn't worry me. Granted, if someone from a Disney property shows up on another Disney project, it could be seen as self-propping - but given how we've come to a point where the number of parent companies that own essentially all media can be counted on one hand, by the same token it would seem odd if there weren't some connections due to the number of people out there who don't have them.

Given how if they're going to cast a boy, the fact that it's a talented one from a strong ensemble cast and not one of the cookie-cutter Disney Channel stars speaks volumes. I'd be happy to see anyone from not only Modern Family but also The Middle or Cougartown as they are all shows with strong ensembles that have earned their respective place in each project. Heck, speaking of connections, David Arquette has had two major roles in Muppet films and showed up to support Kermit's Hollywood Star but if he was cast in this project everyone would dismiss it as being because his wife is the star of Cougar Town (even though their relationship is troubled at the moment). Sometimes a talented celebrity who's a Muppet fan is just a talented celebrity who's a Muppet fan.

As per your question of the "role call", apparently Kathy Griffin was a last minute replacement for Jean Claude Van Damme so you can take him off the list
  20. Drtooth

I wonder if they have the Jean Claude vanClamm Puppet anywhere. HE would make a great cameo.