New Pixar Movie Previews

Drtooth

Reaction score
By now I'm sure everyone knows the lines from the song "We're Doing a Sequel"...

Muppets: "We're doing a sequel, the studio wants more."
:concern: "While they wait for Tom Hanks to make Toy Story 4."

Well, consider that threat a self-fulfilling prophecy. Twas announced earlier today that John Lazitor will return to direct TS4, scheduled for wide release in 2017. Make of that what you will.

*Still holds out hope for the Día de los Muertos Pixar film in 2016 and a third Muppets movie in 2017 to complete the Muppet Studio trilogy.
We really don't need a fourth one. In fact, instead of a fourth one, we should get more short form TV specials like Toy Story of Terror and the Toy Story that Time Forgot. Those are far superior than a full on fourth movie. There's plenty of stories left for the characters, just none that could be engaging enough for a fourth full length feature.

There is a Cars 3, and the only thing to look forward to in that is Lupin III's car from Castle of Cagliostro having a cameo. I accept that. But seriously, we do not need a fourth TS, when the TV specials are adiquate enough to keep the series going. Heck, more Pixar films would benefit from TV specials. I say, give one to Monsters University as a midquel. Do one based on the cut school play sequence.

As for Dia De Los Muertos... there has not been a single update on that one. Strange for a film that was due to be released in 2 short years. I'm sure something may have gone down since Book of Life beat them to the punch. Even then, the cartoonist behind that was trying to get that film off the ground for a decade.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
The only reason I still hold out hope is because it's on their "Upcoming Movies" list, plus it makes sense given Pixar's adoption of a two-movie release system: one movie in June/Summer for blockbuster season, and a second for November/Winter for the holidays what with the constant Christmas countdown-cramfest.

WalterLinz

Reaction score
We really don't need a fourth one. In fact, instead of a fourth one, we should get more short form TV specials like Toy Story of Terror and the Toy Story that Time Forgot. Those are far superior than a full on fourth movie. There's plenty of stories left for the characters, just none that could be engaging enough for a fourth full length feature.
Exactly!!

Oh great...if TS4 were ever released, Gonzo's reference of the movie in We're Doin' a Sequel will pretty much end up being...dated...you know what I mean.:stick_out_tongue:

mr3urious

Reaction score
The 3rd Toy Story ended on such a high note and rode off beautifully into the sunset. How can Pixar top that now? That's why the shorts and specials work: they aren't trying to be overly ambitious in plot.

There's still plenty of time for someone at the studio to reconsider this and swiftly pull the plug.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
RIP Pixar Animation Quality films.

I'm looking forward much more to Disney Animation's upcoming films. They've delivered tremendously since 2007, and their future is promising. Pixar is dead in my eyes, and are rolling out nothing but boring sequels.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah... Cause all Pixar makes now are nothing but bland sequels instead of good films like they "used to".
Inside Out is the last of their ingenious films. The Good Dinosaur? Rife with BTS drama. Finding Dori? Retread concept of Dori meeting her parents. Cars 3 and Incredibles 2? So totally not worth my $5.00 at the box office. Pixar is completely dead to the rest of the world.

:rolleyes:
Sarcastro lives!

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Yeah... Cause all Pixar makes now are nothing but bland sequels instead of good films like they "used to".
Inside Out is the last of their ingenious films. The Good Dinosaur? Rife with BTS drama. Finding Dori? Retread concept of Dori meeting her parents. Cars 3 and Incredibles 2? So totally not worth my $5.00 at the box office. Pixar is completely dead to the rest of the world.

:rolleyes:
Sarcastro lives!
Money wise, they're very much alive, but in the creative sense, they're completley dead. Looking forward to Inside Out though, and The Incredibles 2 (that was the only movie that deserved a sequel if you ask me).

It won't be long until Brave 2 becomes a thing as well.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Dori "meets" her parents? Was she adopted? Oh wait... yeah, short-term memory, she probably never remembers who her parents are, kind of like Drew Barrymore's character in 50 First Dates, she never remembers Adam Sandler's character.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It won't be long until Brave 2 becomes a thing as well.
Brave was a wash no matter what. While it did speak to some people, and it had a good underlying message, it seems they just dumped Mereda into the Disney princess line (that she totally doesn't fit into making it an antithesis of the movie completely). I don't see a Brave 2 any more than I see Ratatouille 2. The call isn't there commercially or merchandising wise. The story could continue in a series of comic books or something (if Marvel actually published Disney comics), but there's no call or want for a second of that.

Incredibles 2, however, is a film they should be making, once they have the right ideas. Glad it's announced and I hope they're working on a solid story. They have a lot of potential since once the Paars came out with their super powers, there was a rise in super villain activity.

As for Toy Story 4... While I do agree it's a bad idea, and they hopefully rethink it, think about this. Shrek almost had 6 movies (not counting Puss's Spinoff which was still in the cards anyway)! It wasn't until the third one's formulaic and repetitive gags turned everyone against the franchise that Dreamworks decided they just need to close the series with one more film which ended on a high note (and no farts!). Ditto with Madagascar. They threatened to make a fourth one (again, not counting the spinoff), but the third one closed the franchise nicely with the gang finally getting over the zoo. Dreamworks is all about the sequels. Lately, their original films haven't been hitting any nerves. Understandable because of high concept stuff like Rise of the Guardians (based on a not well known book series). Meanwhile, you know who's MORE about sequels than Dreamworks? Blue Sky. They made less films, sure, but considering they made 9 movies, and 4 of them were Ice Ages, 2 were Rios (and only one Robots? You kiddin' me?!). And there's clearly going to be a fifth Ice Age at some point. Pixar still doesn't look too bad.