New "Playhouse Disney Live on Stage" Review

hehehe

Reaction score
Well, a video of the new Playhouse Disney show was released, and, of course, I gave it a look. There are actually a lot of good things to say about this show, and one real negative thing.
The Good:
First off, I like how the overall theme song (the one that Casey sings right at the beginning) is one that's actually heard on the channel, as opposed to before. Sure the old "Playhouse Disney" song was catchy enough, but why not use the Wiggles version of the song in the Bear version? That was catchy and heard on the channel. But I digress.
-- I love how the cast member host has a lot more to do in this show. Always fun to have someone acting live.
--Clubhouse portion was excellent. Puppets were spot-on. However, I (thinking in the mind set of a kid) was confused by one thing: Mickey says he knows some great stories..and then activates the Mousekadoer for Mousekatools? Confusing to kid minds, I think. Instead, he should say something like, "Maybe some Mousekatools will help us figure out what to do."
And speaking of Mousekatools-- AAO, I have a question. Is the audio for the show controlled by someone in house, or is it fixed? By that I mean, can the oppening music for each segment be delayed? Here's what I'm thinking: When the Mousekatools are first retrieved, Casey shouldn't say what show they're from, instead she should just do and affirming nod or a "Hmm" or something like that, so that when Toodles comes later at the start of each segment, Casey can say something like, "A toolbox. Hmmm. Which of our Playhouse Disney friends uses a toolbox? Shout it out!" That way, it would be more like Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, and more interactive for the kids to boot! :smile: Of course, as I said, this would only work if the audio can be delayed.
--Handy Manny and Little Einstiens: Nice segments, good puppets, wouldn't change a thing.
--Finale: Nice, feel-good ending with an okay birthday song and one major problem that goes under...

The Bad:
-Where, oh where in God's green earth was "Hot Dog!"? Disney really made a major mistake there. You cannot do Mickey Mouse Clubhouse without the Hot Dog! dance. It's just not done. That needs to be corrected, pronto.

Now, which show is better? I would have to say the original was slightly better than this one, but, despite what everyone else will probably say, I like this one, too. Ingenious use of Toodles, and I hope it does well! :smile:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
w I saw the preview for this and there is a platform built over a pit for the puppet tears.