New puppet on e-bay

Iokitek

Reaction score
My compliments on your replica puppets :smile: And of your own puppets I like Vince the Wolf best of all. I have a few questions though.

1) How'd you make Floyd's bass? It's not dead on but pretty convincing. The measurements of the frets look like they were derived from a real bass.

2) I also like the Bunsen puppet alot. But how did you make the mouth? And don't the corners of the mouth tear easily? I read somewhere that the real Bunsen puppet often had that problem wich is why most people don't like to make puppets that way.

Lab Rat

Reaction score
i'm glad you like my puppets i like vince the wolf too.Floyds bass is a toy guitar i got from a toyshop and repainted it and bunsen is covered in antron fleece so the mouth wont tear the real bunsen is flocked over foam so i'd imagine it's easily damaged.

Iokitek

Reaction score
Ah yeah I remember Miss Piggy having the same problems. I might try making a mouth like that sometime then.

I actually thought for a moment there that you built the bass yourself :stick_out_tongue: But I could've guessed it was just a toy. Looks good though. But just in case anyone is interrested in small size children's instruments that actually work I could look up some links :smile:

Lab Rat

Reaction score
most of my muppet replicas you've seen are quite a few years old now, i made sweetums in 1995.

whatadoddle

Reaction score
Hi, I hope you don't mind me asking, you have said what you make the pupils out of, but what about the eyes, please? Many thanks

Lab Rat

Reaction score
i use whatever i can find for the eyes ping pong balls plastic spoons the one on e-bay at the moment has eyes made from christmas tree balls

whatadoddle

Reaction score
Wow! that's original! Thanks for sharing. I am obsessed with puppet construction, and find it difficult to part with them because they are all individual. How long does it take you to make a puppet? I find that all I think about is puppet designs, I look at everything in the light of "can I use that in a puppet?" I guess you must be the same, given the Christmas tree ball idea!

Lab Rat

Reaction score
yes i do that whenever i'm shopping or whatever i'm always thinking what i could use as puppet parts,the eyes have always been a problem ping pong balls are ok but they are a bit too small for larger puppets the christmas tree balls work a treat.

puppetise

Reaction score
could u plz send the mokey pattern i have a gobo pattern at my link in my signiture