1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

New Puppet Web Series "Rear Entry"

Discussion in 'Puppet News' started by araknidkid, Sep 1, 2011.

1. araknidkid

araknidkid New Member

Hi Everyone! I'm one of those constant readers who rarely contributes, but thought I'd share my new project here! We're getting ready to shoot this bad boy in October....

I'm working on a new adult themed puppet web series called Rear Entry. Roughly based on the a live improv show of the same name, it's a really neat little story about a young puppet character trying to discover how he wants to identify himself to the world.

We're also taking a very different approach with the puppetry in this one , trying to make the performance very realistic as if the character were just another human. The point of making the central character a puppet is of course to isolate the character and it adds a degree of emotional separation between the character and the audience (you can relate to the story, but there's still something there that's a little different if it were a human actor, you know?). It also removes a specific gender identity from the character, which makes exploring the topic of sexuality & sexual identity all the more interesting (and quite funny at some points).

I've received a lot of "sounds like avenue q" comments, but it's a very different approach, and with a very specific and somewhat dramatic storyline.

We're being pretty vague about specifics (because I'm always super nervous about sharing ideas/plot points on the internet) but you can find out more about this project (and we are also raising funds) here!

http://www.indiegogo.com/Rear-Entry

If you think it sounds interesting, feel free to contribute as well!

I'll be posting more updates (and a puppet video!) on the campaign within the next 9 days.

Anyways, just wanted to share! Comments and questions welcome and I'll definitely post more closer to the release of the show!
  2. crazy chris

crazy chris Well-Known Member

SOUNDS COOL!! look forward to seeing more!!

cc
  3. The Shoe Fairy

The Shoe Fairy Active Member

Looking very much forward to this one! High calibre web series just keep on coming!
  4. crazy chris

crazy chris Well-Known Member

Was doing a google search for puppet web series and came across this again... Did this ever happen? Just curious

cc