New Puppetry Club Ads

Teenager's

Reaction score
So, next week is the first meeting for new people interested in joining the Puppetry Club, and this week we've been airing these new commercials to advertise it. This year we decided to make 2 short comedic ads as opposed to what we usually have done which was a song and dance ad.

For the ads we used a previous set but added a table. We also used a monitor and headset microphone, which definetly helped and for the end we used a green screen. That was fun too. And because it is my senior year, I took a backseat to the puppeteering and let the underclassmen puppeteers work.

This aired first
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk6HUvYM5iw

and this airs tomarrow.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq1OzA6WAYA

And here are some pictures...
--Working on the greenscreen, you can see the microphone in this pic
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g273/pcep-puppets/n552824281_311369_3413.jpg

And here is a pic of the set.
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g273/pcep-puppets/n552824281_311367_2778.jpg

RockerRob

Reaction score
I want to join the club! Too bad I am not in college anymore, and not near you at all. That would make things difficult, but goes to show how convincing your ads were.

Where do these ads air? Are they on your school station, or some other thing that the students will actually watch?

Teenager's

Reaction score
Thanks RockerRob. Actually, this is a highschool club, but we're like a small college, because we have 6000 students.

We have a internal network that airs in all the classrooms during the begining of 2nd hour every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. So we're pretty lucky because we have a captive audience of 6000--3 days a week.

But, I also post them online--youtube, facebook & myspace.

RockerRob

Reaction score
High School? That is even better. I would have loved to been in that club then! Captive audience durring 2nd period... very very good. We had that at my school, but we stopped using our system when there was a mooning prank on open house night.

I love that you have a puppetry club in high school. You really should make a short film this year and submit it to Sundance next year, or something overly ambitious like that.

Teenager's

Reaction score
You really should make a short film this year and submit it to Sundance next year, or something overly ambitious like that.
Ever since you posted this RockerRob, I've been thinking about it. :wink:

But, Today was the First meeting for New people and 22 New people showed up! The classroom we were using almost didn't have enough seats. Another neat thing was that there were a variety of grades that showed up and not just freshmen (which I was expecting) Some people also brought in their own puppets to show off!....and that hasn't been done before. So, we're off to a really great start. Now just to the next meeting to see how well todays really went.:smile:

RockerRob

Reaction score
Wow! That is great that all those new people showed. Maybe this year is your year for something fantastic to happen. I'm glad I could plant a seed in your brain because it is your age that great things need to start. You and your club are part of the future of puppetry and you might have newer better ideas, or just get the big wigs to listen to you and bring this art we all love back to the forefront of the public mind. All you have to do it try and you never know what can happen.

Does this sounds sappy? I just feel like I need to say this to you.

-Julie

MGov

Reaction score
Those are really good, effective spots.

Nice work.

staceyrebecca

Reaction score
Excellent work!

And how exciting that people showed up with puppets in-hand!

JoeyMuppet

Reaction score
Thanks RockerRob. Actually, this is a highschool club, but we're like a small college, because we have 6000 students.

We have a internal network that airs in all the classrooms during the begining of 2nd hour every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. So we're pretty lucky because we have a captive audience of 6000--3 days a week.

But, I also post them online--youtube, facebook & myspace.
Hey Teenager's, long time no see.:smile: I read that you post those videos on facebook. How bout' you e-mail me the link for your facebook page, so I can look you up. I'll explain later why I'm hardly on myspace anymore, o.k. Nice to talk to you again.