1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

New Quilt

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by MuppetQuilter, Apr 23, 2002.

1. MuppetQuilter

MuppetQuilter Member

I've added pictures of my latest quilt-- a Sesame Street quilt-- to my web page. If you have a minute to check it out, I'd love to hear what people think.

Zoe and Prairie Dawn could use a little work, and I accidentally put Telly's mouth on upside down, which is why it looks a bit off. I'm pretty happy with how Snuffy turned out-- he was kind of challenging because he's mostly all one color. I'm planning to attempt a Fraggle quilt soon and am contemplating an Andy Warhol style Kermit-only quilt.

Here's the site:

http://homepage.mac.com/muppetquilter/PhotoAlbum1.html
  2. EmmyMik

EmmyMik New Member

Wow! That looks wonderful!

I just wanna curl up underneath and take a nice nap.

But then you'd wonder why I'm there and you might get a broom and hit me with it. ;)

Again, it looks wonderful!
  3. scarecroe

scarecroe Active Member

Wow, this looks absolutely fantastic! Each one just gets better and better.

How long does it take you to make one of these?
  4. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

Annika,

Wow, they are great !

And so big !

Wow !
  5. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Holy cow! The new one is fantastic...and Im still stuck on the Pepe in Tutu square! SO awesome to see Muppet fans being so creative!

///beaker///
  6. Gonzo

Gonzo Active Member

Big Bird, Bert, and Grover are my favorite squares on the Sesame Street one---beautiful work (as usual), Annika!

Great, great stuff!

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
  7. MuppetQuilter

MuppetQuilter Member

Thanks!!! I'm glad everyone likes it! Just don't look too closely at Grover's book (it says 'Superheo' instead of 'Superhero')

EmmyMik--

Well, given that the quilt hangs on the wall in my daughter's playroom you probably wouldn't be too comfortable. Plus, you'd get stuck reading "Elmo's ABCs" about 300 times (and that can be trying for even the most devoted Elmo fan) before she'd let you leave.

Scott--

Sunny Day is the largest quilt I've done thus far and I'd guess it took me a bit over 30 hours total.
  8. EmmyMik

EmmyMik New Member

Hmmmmm... Yes, that may seem a tad uncomfortable. But still, it is a mighty fine quilt! :D

Do you'd think she'd notice if I switch over to "There's a Monster at the End of This Book"?

:D
  9. MuppetQuilter

MuppetQuilter Member

Oh yes-- she notices! I've tried. Monster at the End of This Book is popular-- but not nearly as popular as Elmo's ABCs. ;)
  10. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

Superheo

If anyone asks, just tell them Oscar's hiding the "R' in his can.

Or that "R" is the letter of the day, and Cookie ate the Letter R Cookie.
  11. EmmyMik

EmmyMik New Member

She notices eh?

Well then, I'm totally stumped.

:p
  12. Cindy

Cindy Moderator Staff Member

That quilt is absolutely gorgeous! It's exactly how I visioned a Sesame Street Quilt should be. It's colorful, fun and downright adorable. :) I must say that even though Snuffy may have been a challenge, he looks fantastic! Some of my other favorites are Kermit (of course), Grover, Count, Bert and Ernie. I personally think that Ernie looks the best. What am I saying? They're all great! Great job!
  13. MuppetQuilter

MuppetQuilter Member

:) Thanks Cindy! I was really happy when I found the striped fabrics I used for Bert and Ernie's shirts-- I think they make a big difference in the overall look of those two.

My favorites are Kermit and the Sesame Street sign. For obvious reasons, I prefer the ones I design myself to the ones done from Quilting With the Muppets patterns. This was the first Kermit I designed on my own and I thought he turned out well (though I should have used darker thread on his coat so the detaills of his sleeve and collar would stand out more). The Sesame Street sign I thought really pulled the whole thing together (it was the last square I made and I had played around with different layouts before it was done) and the cloud fabric I used for the background there is nice and bright and-- well-- just right for a sunny day.

It's really gratifying that everyone likes the quilt and has so many nice things to say! Very rewarding after all that work!

Thanks,
  14. JaniceFerSure

JaniceFerSure Active Member

Muppet Quilts

Wow! How talented you are.Beautiful. :D
  15. MuppetQuilter

MuppetQuilter Member

Wow-- I'm surprised this thread popped back up again after all this time.

Thanks. I need to get some new pictures up. I'm working on something different.
  16. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Hey Muppet Quilter, could I please get a descript of this Sesame Street quilt you made? You can post it here or send it to me via E-mail if you feel more comfortable doing that. Hope to hear from you sson and have a good day.
  17. ohdarling

ohdarling New Member

those are all so great!! i want one ;)
  18. MuppetQuilter

MuppetQuilter Member

Count--

Sure thing. The quilt is made with calico fabrics-- cotton prints-- and one light weight fleece (for the Count's skin). There are very few solid fabrics, most of the fabrics 'read as solid' which means they look like a solid from a distance but as you get closer you see they are actually subtle prints. The quilt binding and sashing is blue. The quilt is divided into rows and each row into blocks.
    The top row contains:
    reporter Kermit with microphone and hat,
    Baby Bear with painter's hat,
    The Count (done from the Quilting with the Muppets pattern)
    and Big Bird (also Quilting with the Muppets).
    The second row contains:
    Natasha,
    Ernie (Quilting with the Muppets),
    Bert with Bernice (Quilting with the Muppets),
    and Zoe.
    The third row contains:
    A block with A, B and C,
    A double sized block with the Sesame Street street sign (with CTW at the top, not the newer 123),
    and a block with 1, 2 and 3.
    The fourth row contains:
    Grover with a Super Hero book (Quilting with the Muppets),
    Oscar in trash can (Quilting with the Muppets),
    Telly,
    and Cookie Monster with cookies (Quilting with the Muppets).
    The final row contains:
    Elmo holding a ball,
    Prairie Dawn,
    Rosita,
    and Snuffy.

Let me know if you want details on the individual blocks or anything else.
  19. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Thanks MuppetQuilter, sounds like a nice grouping of characters. Yeah, any additional details as to what the characters are doing or what objects they have with them if they're in some sort of action scene would be helpful to get a full-view knowledge of the quilt you've poured so much work into.
    Thanks for the help and hope your next one comes out great.