New Sesame paid-subscription YouTube channel

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Tsk.

I get they're a non-profit organization, and need to bring proceeds one way or another, but to do so through YouTube, and I'm sure Google is getting a big fat percentage off this... they just seem to keep lowering their standards as of late.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Tsk.

I get they're a non-profit organization, and need to bring proceeds one way or another, but to do so through YouTube, and I'm sure Google is getting a big fat percentage off this... they just seem to keep lowering their standards as of late.

I don't see this as a "lower of standars". It's a new thing YouTube is trying and people are bound to actually use it. I'm sure they'd make more direct money from it than, say Netflix or Amazon.

FunnyBear

Reaction score
This would be a waste for me, I looked into it and you can't watch on mobile :grr:

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Meh. Didn't they have them up for free? It's really annoying how all the free-providers are suddenly starting to charge on Youtube.

FunnyBear

Reaction score
Meh. Didn't they have them up for free?

True, so true

This was free under the channel name Sesame Workshop

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't see this as a "lower of standars". It's a new thing YouTube is trying and people are bound to actually use it. I'm sure they'd make more direct money from it than, say Netflix or Amazon.
I'm very much on the fence about such an idea. Youtube's player somehow has become absolute garbage that won't let you load videos before watching them, frog help you is you want to rewind and not have to reload everything all over again.

But as for Sesame Workshop and trying to get Netflix style video service on youtube... I don't like the fact that there's no flat fee for watching every premium YT channel, and you'd have to buy subscriptions for specific channels. Doesn't Netflix have a flat fee? And "selected" episodes of season 35-38. Really sweetening that pot, aren't we? It's a nice try, I guess... I'm not crazy about the future of pay streaming. But at least we know why they were heckbent on pulling everyone who uploaded full episodes off of YT. I sympathize that they are a non-profit and things haven't been too kind to them lately... but there's got to be a better way to this.

Meh. Didn't they have them up for free? It's really annoying how all the free-providers are suddenly starting to charge on Youtube.
Sesame Street has never posted a full episode ever. Maybe a street story, maybe part of a street story, but never an episode.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Sesame Street has never posted a full episode ever. Maybe a street story, maybe part of a street story, but never an episode.

I know that Sesame Street posted the recent re-edit of the hurricane episodes that aired recently as a full-hour episode.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I will say, this does explain why episodes from season 35 and 36 were removed from Netflix (though others remain which are are YT for monies).