New Sesame Products by RIX

King Prawn

Reaction score
It appears that the same company (Rix) who produced the Muppet Lunchbox, TV-tray, Coaster Set, Card set etc... is now also producing Sesame Street products unfortunatley they too think it's better marketing to use the cartoon versions rather than the puppets, that's just so stupid, It's like releasing a Simpson DVD or CD and using puppet forms of the characters on the cover.

Anyway not to be mean towards the Rix Company but I'm not buying anything SS if it doesn't resemble the puppets

enjoy

http://www.rixtins.com/sesamestreet/sstpg.html

Erine81981

Reaction score
I like the cartoon look. Don't get me wrong. It would of been cool to see the puppet forms but it makes it seem like cartoony look from the 70's 80's SS Books. I think if they would of done it in Puppet form they would of included Telly, Baby Bear, Rowstia and Elmo. Instead they used characters u normally don't see all the time. I like how they did that. I'll proubley buy it If I come across the store (if there is one) or I'll find it online. Can't wait to buy some. YEA!!!

Drtooth

Reaction score
King Prawn said:
It appears that the same company (Rix) who produced the Muppet Lunchbox, TV-tray, Coaster Set, Card set etc... is now also producing Sesame Street products unfortunatley they too think it's better marketing to use the cartoon versions rather than the puppets, that's just so stupid, It's like releasing a Simpson DVD or CD and using puppet forms of the characters on the cover.

Anyway not to be mean towards the Rix Company but I'm not buying anything SS if it doesn't resemble the puppets

enjoy[/url]

"They" don't market them as the cartoons, Sesame Workshop does. You're beef is with them, not Rix. Personally, I think these are great. I mean, seriously, does anyone remember what happened after Tickle Me Elmo? SS was confined to singing Elmo dolls, diapers, and a few assorted actual good products, such as Sesame Unpaved, the book, and....... welll, there was the book.

Now we have action figures, CD collections, T-shirts, and Lunchboxes (though I think the Target Tin Lunchboxes from last year are much better... plus they were filled with cookies) and SS is aleinating everyone with the Retro toon look. But I don't mind that at all. As long as it's not 100000 more singing Elmos, I'll sleep easy tonight.

Personally, The Oscar and Super Grover tins? Faboo...

King Prawn

Reaction score
don't get me wrong Dr. Tooth I love the fact that SW has gotten out of this Singing Elmo, Tickle Me Elmo, Farme rElmo phase but if there going to take the first step to achieve better product wise then take the full step and give what most if not eveybody want's.

I have the same beef with the old Muppet video releases where the Muppets were drawn, I don't see the point, it might be easier since you don't need to get the puppets and pose them in such away for the actual short (that's why so many Muppet products has the same pictures for a while).

Anyway enough of this discussion has gone over on the SS thread so I rather stop talking about this, although I am happy that SW has realised that this is SS 35th birthdays not just Elmo's.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Actually, I don't mind the cartoon stylization as long as we see less of those lord awful Cookie Monster posers... they get worse every year... :concern:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Blah. I can't stand the cartoon versions on merchandise. I'm sick of SS merchandise being all about the cartoon versions of the puppets. I think it's time they got a little more realistic in their merchandising at SW. Blah.

Drtooth

Reaction score
SW.... don't ge me started on their licensing ideas.... oy vey!

Rereleasing old footage to DVD with a Mark up and no bonus features....
And those plushes of cookie monster that look like a fat Twiddle bug without any fur on him... and people think the action figures are bad! :boo:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Of course, reviewing the products in question gives me the reason why Bert's head was so lopsided in the action figure!

I mean, as Flat silk screened T-shirts and Lunchboxes they work. But as action figures.... I hope they've seen the light.

However, I gotta say that I like these, especially the Count and Oscar pails. And somehow I'd rather see that cartoon Cookie Monster than those overstuffed posers.... gah!

Plus the fact that there's an image in the lunch box is cool. Great products with bad desgins I'd gather...

I really wish they used actual photos from the show like they did with the Muppet Show stuff.

Sighhhh... if only Henson still owned the SS Muppets....

muppet maniac

Reaction score
These look so cool.Are they out yet?,because no matter which store I go to at the mall,they didn't have the Rix Sesame stuff! :mad: :boo: :grouchy: :frown: