New Sesame Street Specials

BEAR

Reaction score
I always get excited when I hear about new Sesame Street specials and movies. There haven't really been any lately. Nothing big anyway besides possibly the "Street We Live On" special for the 35th year. They haven't had a feature film since Elmo In Grouchland ages ago. I think they need to make a new special or movie. I would love to see a new Christmas special this year. Sesame Street usually does well with the holiday movies. What do you guys think? What would you like to see?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Whoa, now for a minute there, I thought you meant that new specials were actually coming. I'm still waiting for answers about that hour-long Ernie and Bert special. Anyway, I'd kinda like to see a Thanksgiving special, because Christmas has been done, Halloween has been done, New Year's has been done, but not Thanskgiving. That's a great holiday y'know?

BEAR

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
Whoa, now for a minute there, I thought you meant that new specials were actually coming. I'm still waiting for answers about that hour-long Ernie and Bert special. Anyway, I'd kinda like to see a Thanksgiving special, because Christmas has been done, Halloween has been done, New Year's has been done, but not Thanskgiving. That's a great holiday y'know?

I was afraid people would think that when reading the title. I don't mean to mislead you all. Sorry.

BEAR

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:

Yeah, Thanksgiving is my fav after Christmas. Heck, my favorite time of the year is after Halloween is over and everything wonderful and Christmassy fills the air. To me, Thanksgiving and Christmas are like holiday cousins or something. I would love to see a Thanksgiving special too, but not just a direct to video deal, I want a full out special aired on TV. They could write some cool new songs about the fall season and getting ready for a big Thanksgiving dinner with everyone. Ooooh! Now I am getting excited over something that doesn't even exist!!! :excited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I just love the holiday season! Cooler air, beautiful color changing leaves, lots of turkey and ham eating, spending time with distant relatives, yeah I kinda missed 'em, I just don't wanna kiss 'em, decorations filled with cheer, and my personal favorite: wearing pants and needle-point sweaters!

doctort13

Reaction score
Turkey Day

Perhaps the special could show how different families (and Muppets) celebrate Thanksgiving on Sesame Street.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
doctort13 said:
Perhaps the special could show how different families (and Muppets) celebrate Thanksgiving on Sesame Street.
I don't know, since that was done with Christmas in the form of "Elmo's World," it might be a bit redundant to see something like that. They should maybe do a Sesame Street special with more of a "street story." Maybe they could have some Pilgrims visit Sesame Street and try to hunt Big Bird for Thanksgiving dinner, then it's up to the gang to save him. Just a thought.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
I don't know, since that was done with Christmas in the form of "Elmo's World," it might be a bit redundant to see something like that. They should maybe do a Sesame Street special with more of a "street story." Maybe they could have some Pilgrims visit Sesame Street and try to hunt Big Bird for Thanksgiving dinner, then it's up to the gang to save him. Just a thought.
I don't see what the problem is, they've been redoing and updating certain stories alot lately, I mean how many times how you seen a chicken think Rocco is an egg? Besides, I don't think it would neccesarily have to be in the form of Elmo's World. But in case it doesn't work out, maybe something like this...

Prairie Dawn holds a Thanksgiving Day pagent. The newer muppets (Elmo, Zoe, Baby Bear, Rosita, etc) could play the pilgrims, and some of the classic muppets (Ernie, Bert, Grover, Cookie Monster, Big Bird, Oscar, Telly since they'd have to, Count, etc) could be the Indians, and tell the story of the first Thanksgiving celebration. Sort of in the style of the old Hanna-Barbera "Thanksgiving That Almost Wasn't", but of course with a Sesame-twist. Then maybe in the end, the entire current cast of Sesame could sit down to a huge Thanksgiving dinner out in the arbor.

F

furryredmonster

I would like to see a Thanks giving one also. I would love to have Elmo being one of the main parts but not along the lines of Elmos World. But, I would love it to be a movie...

I hate Thanksgiving though. I love gettting together and all that but the food is what bothers me. All their is is usually poor old turkeys being eaten. Grrr... why couldnt we eat corn and bread and be done with it? Poor old turkeys.

Maybe the story could go like this:

Well, I can not think of anything good lol. nvm then :embarrassed:

abiraniriba

Reaction score
I like the idea of New Holiday Specials for Sesame Street and the gang, and new movies in general I would like to know if anybody has bought the Kermit on Sesame Street DVD which just came out. I'm thinking of getting it for my daughter and me along with the Alphabet Jungle DVD Game and I want to know if it's any good and if it has certain Kermit sketches on it.