1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

New Signature Tests

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by frogboy4, Apr 13, 2002.

1. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Just testing. You knew someone was going to make a signature thread. LOL! Didn't work I see. Hmmmm.
  2. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Ok, I know there have been a lot of questions in various threads about signatures so I wanted to address exactly how they work here.

Keep in mind when I refer to signature I'm not talking about the picture underneath one's name (which is your avatar), I'm referring to the text at the end of one's post.

HTML can't be used in sigs, but you can use VB code. For example if you want to include a direct link to your Web site. You can enter...

""[url]http://www.muppetcentral.com"[/url]"

You'll need to take out the quotation marks in order for it to show up as a direct link. Because we're trying to decrease scrolling time and broken links, pictures or image tags aren't allowed in sigs.

More help and options with VB code is below...

http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/misc.php?action=bbcode#buttons

I know this change is different than what everyone is used to, but we are all going through a big adjustment period right now.

It's not totally necessary you add your site to your signature though since anyone can click on the "www" button at the bottom of every message you post as well.
  3. Luke

Luke Active Member

I'm just testing my Luke sig thing.

So no image sigs - i can understand the reasons but wasn't that a big part of MC ? Couldnt they be allowed but have to be hosted externally and could be size or height/width limited ?
  4. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Luke

Yeah, I don't like that eather (no image sigs). I'm glad quit making them a lng time ago. LOL! It's good to see you over here!
  5. BorkBork

BorkBork New Member

Yeah, i'd like imagesigs, i just made a neet one ;-)

[​IMG]
  6. BorkBork

BorkBork New Member

On my previous message i used the vb thingy for the pic. All it did was add the link to the pic...is that correct? :rolleyes:
  7. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

8. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

more tests

Just seeing how much of this shows up in green ..and how much in basic black -jamie
  9. MuppetDanny

MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

I Hope this works
  10. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Sorry, it bites, but there are no image sigs here, I lost mine too and I had like 80 of them. LOL! It'll take some getting used to, but we can still post pics and links so that others can see our artwork, so that's something.
  11. Joggy

Joggy Member

This vB stuff is SO frustrating! How come you guys spell "color" instead of "colour"?! LOL!
  12. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

We Americans have a wonderful history of slaughtering the English language. I'd have to say that I'm one of them. LOL!
  13. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

Not me! I nevur ever sloutur the langwaje.

But I DO abuse it alot.

FOZ :)
  14. Rowlfdude

Rowlfdude New Member

I hope this works.:confused:
    Eric:)
  15. EmmyMik

EmmyMik New Member

Now, I already know that my sig works...

I'm just playing around with all of these button thingies...

:p
  16. Cindy

Cindy Moderator Staff Member

To RowlfDude:

Hey Eric! Nice to see you found the new forum! I hope we get to see more posts from you now. Feel free to just jump right in and get your paws wet. ;)

By the way, I hope all is well in your area. Heard you had some storms there. Oh and tell your mom hi for me.
  17. Iggy35

Iggy35 Member

testing, testing...one two!!

IGGY35
  18. Rowlfdude

Rowlfdude New Member

To Cindy:

Hiya Cindy, :D
    We've had a lot of rain, don't need an Ark yet. You're so nice to have remembered me and my mom. She says hi. My mom thinks you and Phil are such a sweet couple.
    I like the new message board; I'll try and post more often.

Take Care,
    Eric :cool:
  19. grouchman

grouchman New Member

as long as we're all just testy....

...it should be the perfect place for a grouchman.

...now to try and make that avatar thingie work.
  20. grouchman

grouchman New Member

well whaddaya know?

it works!

not that i'm suprised the system works...just that i'm surprised i made it work for me...and on the first try.

(hey, YOU try working a computer keyboard with these fuzzy fingers sometime and see how many mistakes YOU make!)

...gotta scram.

(thanks phil and company. i can see a lot of hard work went into this. rg)