New Uk Muppet Merchandise - Socks & Posters

camilla

Reaction score
I'm not sure if the posters are new!! \Mcdonalds are brilliant though. Beaker is absolutley great. If my bid on ebay gos ok with the chef i'll have all eight. I'm glad I'm not in Europe tho!!

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by radionate
But lately you guys get all the cool Muppet Toys.
...... and i hear the figures are going down incredibly well here too. I think it's true that the Muppets are most popular in the UK market than anywhere else - just its a small country so we can't move as much product as the states. If maybe they can get some more stores onboard and try and make the price point a little more favorable it's quite possible we could prop up sales of the figures for you guys in the states.

It's quite amazing that the regular action figures sell for the equivalent of about $20 each here in the UK, yet they still sell out within a week.

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
...... and i hear the figures are going down incredibly well here too. I think it's true that the Muppets are most popular in the UK market than anywhere else - just its a small country so we can't move as much product as the states.
Word on that...though I will say, without TRU, Hot Topic, Target, KB, and countless other retailers...Im a bit worried on the survival of the Palisades line. Walmart I can understand, theyd actually stand to lose money since Walmart charges so less...sure itd be a great bargain but Im thinking about the company. But yeah, none of the major retailers are carrying the figures *sigh* Sadly they carry a lot of the pop abomination garbage out there(Scooby Doo, ET, HArry Potter, Power Rangers, Heman, etc)

Luke

Reaction score
Well Walmart are the same as TRU in their buying attitudes lately following the slowdown in the industry, and financially in general around the entire USA - they are both being incredibly cautious that they try to sell their inventory without marking it down, and yet they need to have enough new product to not look out of date. I have heard from a few that TRU are even cancelling or not placing orders for stuff that even actually KNOW they can probably sell - i guess incase something happens with the industry or economy between times and they get stuck with it. This is the trouble - in times like these we have so many great merchandise products in the toy world that look great because of new technology but at the same time the worlds so uncertain that these will only ever be products that are considered a worthwhile purchase after you have the basics (food, heat, clothing etc) and some people are finding it hard enugh for that.

The action figures should do ok, over here we only have them in one major retailer but they still seem to filter out into all the little comic shops and things. As long as they have some kind of at least limited exposure in bricks & Mortar stores, and a good online prescense they should be ok. At the toy fair i saw all manner of really obscure things ('Carry On' Movie action figures - LOL) that will be done in limited production runs and only be available mail order and niche collectables stores so i think Muppet action figures have the advantage over them right now, but if it came to it and they didn't appear on the streets, i'm sure they could probably last out the license online - not that i think that'll happen, the product is getting stronger and they have a new retailer, it does need a LOT more interest though, i think the toy buyers are more the problem than a lack of public interest, so i hope both picks up.

beaker

Reaction score
Yeah, sometimes seems like people are more apt to buy the Muppet figures off ebay than in stores...just a bummer no major retailer is carrying the Palisades line these days.

Drtooth

Reaction score
GRRRRRRRRRRR....

Socks and Underwears AREN'T pressents! A present is a thing of fun! It's SUPPOSED to be a waste of time....

Totally agree with beaker... though, I mean the Palisades line is more of a COLLECTOR's type of line while Power Rangers, Yu Gi Oh and that stuff are for the snot eating, "Mommy buy me dis" throw the toy away in three years kiddies. Man, kid's killed the art of toy collecting.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Posted this twice

AAAAAAAAAAARRRGH!!!

Doncha jes' hate dat?

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth

Totally agree with beaker... though, I mean the Palisades line is more of a COLLECTOR's type of line while Power Rangers, Yu Gi Oh and that stuff are for the snot eating, "Mommy buy me dis" throw the toy away in three years kiddies. Man, kid's killed the art of toy collecting.
Yeah, growing up ultra poor I had to be a bit more discerning in what I bought, as it was few and far between. Thank goodness for thrift stores!(Where I got the entire Jabba's Palace and Ewok Village!) Honestly, my entire early to mid 80's existence was purely Muppets, Star Wars, Transformers and Legos! hehe

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
Dunno i kept all my stuff from when i was a kid - nicely packed away too but not really in original boxes or anything. Star Wars, Transformers, He-Man, Centurions, M.A.S.K, even some A-Team action figures. I plan to have a big lighted glass display case when i get the money and have them all on display, with of course the Muppets in the middle. Kinda a hark back to my days of yesteryear. Maybe i'd have it at work when i'm important enough to have my own large office - TV people have all kinds of cool stuff. Y'know Brillstein has a muppet replica of himself sitting in a glass case in his office wearing the ribbon pin from Jim's funeral.