New Wizard of Oz rumor...

robinthecrow

Reaction score
OR it could be... Dorothy takes a trip to the Muppet Theatre to watch the Muppet Show, later, bangs her head and ends up dreaming she is Dorothy in Oz...? And the Muppets take the role of each of the characters...?

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
robinthecrow said:
OR it could be... Dorothy takes a trip to the Muppet Theatre to watch the Muppet Show, later, bangs her head and ends up dreaming she is Dorothy in Oz...? And the Muppets take the role of each of the characters...?
The concept of the Oz characters (Scarecrow, Witch, Wizard, Lion, Tin Man) reflecting people from "the real world" was a concept made by the MGM movie and subsequent plays, I doubt this version would use that element being they want to be seperate from the MGM movie and more like the book. (but I could be wrong on this; it is a cool idea)

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
Or it could be that the theater is what crushes the Wicked Witch's sister after a tornado picks it up and mercilessly thrusts it at her.

Or it could be that the diner that Dorothy works in is next to the theater and she dreams of one day being a Muppet herself.

Or it could be that Kermit is a contestant on an "On Location" edition of the game show "This is Your Life!"

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
My theory has always been that MCC and MTI were just little shows put on in the Muppet Theatre; which is why everyone plays parts. Maybe that's what it is!