New Wizard of Oz rumor...

Beauregard

Reaction score
Ah, now I think we are getting confused.

We don't mean a Muppet Episode, with sketches and so on, etc, this (if it was this) would probably start as a show and end up in real(ish and/or dream) Oz. Or it will be two stories. W of Oz ON the stage, and a backstage story BACKstage.

But, this in unlikly to happen.

T

timrikthegorf

Yeah, I don't mean a show with separate skits. I mean the WoO thing is just a show at the muppet theater. We saw on TMS that it doesn't really matter if the show is suppose to take place on a stage. They still go all out and do things that could never be on a stage. So, I think the same will be true here. I'm sure the muppet theater will be involved in some way. They did rebuild the whole back stage, why waste it?

As I see it the Muppets will be puting on a show the whle itme and we'll see a few back stage shots as the movie plays out. It would certainly make more sense and would have a lot of potential for hilarious moments. I'm sure Piggy will start to mix up costumes and stuff.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
i live near Cloverdale were the filming of outside the Theatre took place today

and kermit was there

IT REAL for sure
This does not mean it is the Muppet Theater.

There could be a scene that takes place outside of a theatre (anytype of theater), and it might not even be part of the plot, just a building in the background.

It might be a movie theater and have a "muppet movie" opening where the Muppets gather to show a movie they made.

It could be a rumor and never happened.

It could be the Muppet Theater but was shot for something else.

It could be the Muppet Theater and the who movie is a production there.

It could be a different theater and something else happens there in the movie.

WOCKA2416

Reaction score
I still think the Muppet Theater won't be involved in this movie. I'd think it would ruin the fantasy of Oz if we see the characters offstage.

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
I Agree that it would i just hope it is like TMCC or MTI where the WHOLE movie is set as Wizard of OZ :rolleyes:

T

timrikthegorf

And yet you also have the people who hated MCC and MTI simpkly because the characters didn;t play themselves.

In every movie it was clearly stated that it was just a movie. In MTI you had rats on vacation with cameras and jet skies. If that didn't ruin the movie, seeing WoO as being set as a play won't ruin this movie.

McFraggle

Reaction score
timrikthegorf said:
And yet you also have the people who hated MCC and MTI simpkly because the characters didn;t play themselves.

In every movie it was clearly stated that it was just a movie. In MTI you had rats on vacation with cameras and jet skies. If that didn't ruin the movie, seeing WoO as being set as a play won't ruin this movie.
I agree, the Muppets have never taken themselves too seriously. You can go back to "TMM" where they are reading the script to see how to get where they need to go. :smile:

Beauregard

Reaction score
GelflingWaldo said:
This does not mean it is the Muppet Theater.

There could be a scene that takes place outside of a theatre (anytype of theater), and it might not even be part of the plot, just a building in the background.

It might be a movie theater and have a "muppet movie" opening where the Muppets gather to show a movie they made.

It could be a rumor and never happened.

It could be the Muppet Theater but was shot for something else.

It could be the Muppet Theater and the who movie is a production there.

It could be a different theater and something else happens there in the movie.
I agree to some extent. That's quite a lot of 'could be's'

But, I just thought I'd add another.

It could be that 'the theatre' is where Dorothy tries out (she is meant to be an aspiring singer, is she not?)

So. It could just be a nothing exciting.

Beau