New York State of Mind

Fuzzhead

Reaction score
I seem to recall Floyd doing a rendition of the song in a MS episode, but I can't remember which one. Would someone please let me know? Thanks very much.:sing:

JoeyMuppet

Reaction score
I think on the MS... Dr.Teeth,Rowlf,Zoot & I think Floyd did that song.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
yes the song was on TMS, as well as the muppets 1979 appearance on "The Tonight Show" where Kermit was the guest-host.

Fuzzhead

Reaction score
Thanks. Who was the host on that Muppet Show episode?

BEAR

Reaction score
I know that Rowlf did a great cover of the Billy Joel hit on the album Ol' Brown Ears is Back.

Fuzzhead

Reaction score
After some searching through my DVDs I discovered it was in the Madeline Kahn episode. I would like to hear/see the other versions as well.

David French

Reaction score
It was the UK spot in the Madeline Kahn episode, but it was also used in another episode...I think it was the Kris Kristofferson and Rita Coolidge episode.

anathema

Reaction score
David French said:
It was the UK spot in the Madeline Kahn episode, but it was also used in another episode...I think it was the Kris Kristofferson and Rita Coolidge episode.
Correct; to be precise, the latter show simply reused tape from the former (as opposed to recording a new performance, as happened with 'Bein' Green', for example). This is the only time the show did that, and oddly enough, the same show also contains a repeat of 'An Actor's Life For Me', from the Pearl Bailey ep.

David French

Reaction score
Which episode was 'An Actor's Life For Me' originally taped for - Pearl Bailey or Kristofferson & Coolidge?