1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

News from Variety 10/13/02

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by danielromens, Oct 19, 2002.

1. danielromens

danielromens Member

News from Variety 10/13/02___

This in variety

Posted: Sun., Oct. 13, 2002, 12:31pm PT

EM.TV says Henson is still in play
    Company considering many options, sez spokeman

BERLIN -- German kidvidder EM.TV has denied rumors that a deal with billionaire producer Haim Saban for the Jim Henson Co. has been signed, adding that the company remains in talks with a number of interested buyers.
    Specifically, EM.TV spokesman Frank Elsner refuted reports the company and Saban had signed a letter of intent, and added EM.TV could simply end up selling a stake in Henson. "EM.TV is considering different options and still has until the end of the year. A sale of Henson is not imminent."

Yet Saban and New York investment group Evercore Partners have reportedly made an offer of $128 million, around double the figure initially reported last week. While EM.TV officials refused to comment on the going price, one source close to the company said EM.TV was seeking a price close to Henson's current book value of $147 million, adding that Saban's reported offer wasn't far from that.

The Munich-based group has until the end of the year to sell its stake in Henson in order to pay back the remaining $63 million from a $250 loan to creditor banks.

Company said it has no plans to sell its 45% stake in Herbert Kloiber's Tele Muenchen Group nor its 16% stake in film group Constantin. Its minority stake in Formula One racing remains tied up in the Kirch Group's insolvency proceedings.

Date in print: Mon., Oct. 14, 2002, Los Angeles
  2. BoyRaisin2

BoyRaisin2 Active Member

Ai yi yi...
  3. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

When will people listen to me?

I keep trying to tell everyone, if we Muppet Fans throw in $100 a piece, we'll be able to OWN JHC ourselves!! I'll collect the money, pay for it with all our names on the form and I SWEAR I won't cheat. Fozzie's don't cheat.

We just wiggle rubber chickens and tell bad jokes.

FOZ
  4. EmmyMik

EmmyMik New Member

There should be a law banning press releases and articles like this from being over 10 words long. Anything more is way too scary...