Reaction score
WARNING: GROVEL TIME!!

Anyone have any of the following SS Newsflashes?:

1. Rapunzel
2. Sleeping Beauty
3. Cinderella
4. The Pied Piper
5. The 3 Pigs w/ The Count

If not, can someone tell me if they are available commercially?

I'd love to get a copy of some of these - can send blanks with postage.

Unfortunately I cannot trade because I don't have 2 VCRs to dub copies.

Thanks for reading.

ssetta

Reaction score
I think I have all of those. But some of them had more than one version, like Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty. Which versions were you looking for?

billyk

Reaction score
The sleeping beauty I think is the older one where the princess turns into a frog. I think it was with Mr. Smiley.

As far as cinderella, I do not know the difference between the 2.

The one I'm thinking of is where Prince Charming is comparing all the feet and finds that Kermit's foot (I think) fits.

Am I wrong? I haven't seen it in years.

ssetta

Reaction score
I do have a show that has the Sleeping Beauty that you're asking about. Now the show has some problems, but I don't know about that particular sketch.

The Cinderella one that you're talking about I don't have. I have seen it on Plaza Sésamo, but I have never even seen it in English. Didn't Gladys make an appearance in that one?

billyk

Reaction score
Ssetta:

Could you tell me the other version(s) you are talking about?

ssetta

Reaction score
There was another version of Sleeping Beauty where The Prince kissed Sleeping Beauty, and she did wake up, but then The Prince fell asleep!

An early Cinderella news flash was at the ball, and he interviews Cinderella and Prince Charming. I remember he dropped the glass slipper and broke it at the end and said, "Well, easy come, easy go." Then the Prince started dancing with Kermit.

There was also a later one where Cinderella was shown in her rags. The fairy godmother was going to make her new clothes. First, she made Cinderella into a bathing suit, then she made her pajamas, then she was back in her rags. And at the same time, Kermit ended up in the beautiful gown, they put her in the coach, and he was very embarrassed.