Next season, please!

Hays

Reaction score
Hey, I'm younger than Caroll Spinney, and if he can still lug that giant honkin puppet around and crouch on the floor on a scooter with his arm over his head, I'll probably be back in the biz myself someday!:big_grin:

spiderman

Reaction score
the real muppets are cool

tthe real muppets (the old muppet show and movies) are cool, but sesame street? come on. i used to watch sesame street when i was like 2..3..4...5, even up to 6 or 7 i suppose and i understand that the guy watches it with his kid. that's cool, i got no problem with that. but if you are pushing fifty and watch sesame street everyday...and you go to sesame street live, by yourself...then i must ask if you took the short yellow bus to school?

i think it would be funny if they had a muppet with alzheimers, and he forgot all his lines.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Re: the real muppets are cool

Originally posted by spiderman
i think it would be funny if they had a muppet with alzheimers, and he forgot all his lines.
They had that character and called him Forgetful Jones. A cowboy performed by Richard Hunt.

There likely wouldn't have been a Muppet Show had there not been a Sesame Street, a success for Jim to build upon for TMS.

About forgetting lines, there were sketches about that as well.

FOZ

Drtooth

Reaction score
Sesame Street Muppets ARE THE REAL MUPPETS, ^&%^&!!! Personally, I can't see anyone over 10 liking spiderman in you're dreary little scenario! Sesame Street helped launch the Muppets into super Stardom. The show has been on 30+ years and new episodes are still being made. Has any other kid's show lived up to that? There is a fine line difference between Sesame Street and Barney the dino-puke. They still try to keep relitively adult/kid's humor while teaching kids and entertaining adults who are suckered into baby sitting. If you don't like Sesaem...WHY THE &*^$%$ ARE YOU ON THE SESAME BOARD?!?!?!?!

Hays

Reaction score
Hey, who you callin' a GUY

OO - cooties!

spiderman

Reaction score
hey jerky

hey jerky, apparently enough people over the age of 10 went to see my "Spiderman" movie (does $400 million sound like a lot?) compared to the measly "Muppets From Space" (maybe $30 million)

and i don't see how sesame street can keep the attention of any normal adult with a relatively normal IQ. The muppet show, the original and the movies from the Muppet Show, are great. I really like them. And I have really fond memories of Big Bird, Oscar, Snuffaluffagus (spelled right?) and the whole crew, FROM WHEN I WATCHED THEM WHEN I WAS 5.

and i agree with you that SS is a billion times a billion better than any other kids show. but thats what it is: A KIDS SHOW!!!!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
But, it's still entertaining. Folks opt to watch it, some don't. I would if I could, but it's on while I'm at work.

Though, I guess I could set my VCR to tape it...if I had a VCR. I have a rubber chicken, tho! :smile:

I just hope they'll start putting Kermit back into the mix again, or have SS Cameos in their movies again.

FOZ

Drtooth

Reaction score
Man, Is anyone else Freaking insulted by someon on a Muppet board that doesn't like the muppets. I reiterate.. If you hate sesame so much, WHY THE %^$#& ARE YOU ON THE $%^^&&& SESAME BOARD????????

Drtooth

Reaction score
Pay no attention to that last post! forget it! It's over!!!

spiderman

Reaction score
hey

if you still wanna go...lets throw down right now

just kidding