Nick at Nite Emmy Special

rlopez2682

Reaction score
I was channel surfing a few days ago and noticed on Nickelodeon that :smile: and :embarrassed: were in a commercial for the Nick at Nite Emmy Special. The quick clip looked circa 1979 during the Muppet Show era. Anywho I wasnt able to find out what day it lands on or time, but possibly the nick at nite site has the info.

rexcrk

Reaction score
I saw that commercial! I think that looks awesome. I don't know what time, but I think the date is the 15th.

Oh, and I think it might be TV Land, not Nick at Nite :wink:

Stulz

Reaction score
From ClassicTVhits.com

CableTVMan
Administrator
Jason Bateman Hosts Emmy's Greatest Moments on TV Land Sept. 15
------------------------------------------------------------------------
TV LAND SALUTES THE EMMY AWARDS. WITH TV LAND PRESENTS: EMMY'S GREATEST MOMENTS

Jason Bateman Hosts One-Hour Special Celebrating the Awards Show's Most Memorable Highlights on Wednesday, September 15

Santa Monica, CA, August 25, 2004 - TV Land continues to roll out its line-up of original specials this Fall and celebrates The Primetime Emmy Awards with an unprecedented look back at some of the shows most memorable televised highlights over the last 50 years as the network premieres TV Land Presents: Emmys Greatest Moments on Wednesday, September 15 at 10 p.m.
ET/PT.

Hosted by Jason Bateman, star of FOXs hit comedy Arrested Development, TV Land, in association with the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, was granted rare access to the Television Academys vast archive collection to look back at past Emmy Awards where television history was made. Great moments, some of which have not been seen since they first aired, will be showcased in this one-hour special, including clips from 1955, the year of The Emmys first national broadcast hosted by Steve Allen, to 1977, when the year in television could be summed up in one word: Roots, to 2001, when the Emmy Awards were postponed twice and ultimately aired to prove once again that laughter is the best medicine. The show is executive produced by Dann Netter (AFIs 100 Years 100 Movies
specials) and Gary Smith (Executive Producer, 54th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards) in conjunction with the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences executive producer Michael Rosen and Television Academy Governor (Production Executives Peer Group) Barbara Wellner.
Gary Smith also directs.

Television history unfolds every year at The Primetime Emmy Awards, explains Sal Maniaci, Vice President, Development and Production, TV Land and Nick at Nite. The event itself has become a global affair, and with the help of the Television Academy, TV Land has been able to compile a special which highlights some of the most unforgettable, funniest and moving moments from these awards shows.

For more than 50 years, the Emmys have been a landmark event in television, Television Academy Chairman Dick Askin commented. Every generation of television viewers has favorite memories from the telecast, and this is the best way to combine these exciting moments.

TV Land Productions was created in 2003 to create original programming that complements the networks successful acquired programming slate. TV Land Productions is headed by Sal Maniaci, Vice President of Development and Production, TV Land and Nick at Nite. In addition to this production, TV Land Productions has also produced The TV Land Awards Show:
A Celebration of Classic TV (March 2003 and 2004) and the Emmy-nominated The Dick Van Dyke Show, Revisited, the networks first original special for broadcast, which premiered on CBS in May. For more information about TV Lands original Wednesday night line-ups, visit www.tvland.com .

Stulz

Reaction score
Additiona Airing:

According to this schedule from ClassicTVhits.com for October, TVLand will be reairing the Emmy's Greatest Moments special Saturday, October 30 at 8:30AM. (and finally airing more ALF!!)

TV LAND THEMED BLOCKS
TV Land Originals Saturday Morning Encores:
Saturdays 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM ET/PT (time varies)

Saturday, October 2
9:00AM ET in TV Land: Dallas
10:00AM TV Land Moguls: The '80s
11:00AM TV Land Legends: The 60 Minutes Interviews - Norman Lear

Saturday, October 9
9:00AM ET in TV Land: Taxi
10:00AM Inside TV Land: Taboo TV
11:00AM TV Land Legends: The 60 Minutes Interviews -Neil Simon
11:30AM TV Land Convention Special

Saturday, October 16
8:30AM TV Land Top 10: TV Cars
9:30AM TV Land Online Special
10:00AM Inside TV Land: Style & Fashion
11:00AM Dick Van Dyke Revisited

Saturday, October 23
8:00AM ALF's Hit Talk Show #2
8:30AM TV Land Top 10: Waky Neighbors
9:30AM Living in TV Land: Dick Van Patten
10:00AM Inside TV Land: TBA
11:00AM Still Brady After All These Years

Saturday, October 30
8:00AM ALF's Hit Talk Show #3
8:30AM Emmy's Greatest Moments
9:30AM All Access Pass II
10:00AM Inside TV Land: Primetime Politics
11:00AM ET in TV Land: TV Greatest Scandals #2

Stulz

Reaction score
Don't bother looking for Muppets

Sorry Gang,

I just watched the special, and while it is still worth watching to see some great old Emmy clips there really aren't any Muppet appearences shown. They show 2 breif clips of Kermit and Fozzie but they are shown during montage sequences and not for more then a second or so each.

:smirk:

rexcrk

Reaction score
So are there any Muppet segments in the special? Like, where either Kermit or Fozzie actually talk? 'Cause if there isn't, that's kinda lame how they got my hopes all up by showing 'em on the commercial :rolleyes: :frown: :grouchy: