No Milk Chocolate in Chocolate Candy?

How does "no chocolate" in chocolate effect your purchasing decision?

• A lot! I love Hershey's (or, at least I used to) I feel cheated!

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • None, never really ate Hershey's at all.

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • I only like some Hershey's products, so it doesn't matter really.

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • I am boycotting them and telling everyone about this.

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I've heard about thsi before and all I can say is if I do not taste a difference than I can good.

Xerus

Reaction score
There are also other chocolate companies like Cadbury and Russell Stover.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Cadbury, Russel Stover, Whitman's, See's Candy, Godiva--what are other REAL chocolate companies?

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
That reminds me of some boring talk I had to sit through about chocolate and child labour. Apperantly Cadbury get their cocoa beans from plantations with child workers. Sorry if I'm putting everbody off chocolate lol.

Davina

Reaction score
in the US.. sometimes hard to come by really _good_ chocolate.. though that has improved a lot in the last few years... was a time i had to beg the few Brits i was friends with to send me good stuff.. heh...
though these days now, too, can just order it online myself if really had too....
will be hard.. but, might make it easier to stick to my diet this year.. *sigh* right now i just don't have time to worry too much (or research it, really)... everything is more or less on hold til after thanksgiving guests leave and hubby gets shipped off... then i can collapse for a few days then dig into other projects.. (even something as important as a good source of chocolate...)

rexcrk

Reaction score
Well at least Reese's cups still use Cocoa butter. And when did this take effect? Because I know I bought a bag of those little fun size Hershey's candies (It had the regular milk chocolate bar, dark chocolate, Mr. Goodbar, and Krackel) and I did notice something seemed a little off about the Mr. Goodbar and Krackel :embarrassed: :concern:

Drtooth

Reaction score
in the US.. sometimes hard to come by really _good_ chocolate.. though that has improved a lot in the last few years... was a time i had to beg the few Brits i was friends with to send me good stuff.. heh...
though these days now, too, can just order it online myself if really had too....
will be hard.. but, might make it easier to stick to my diet this year.. *sigh* right now i just don't have time to worry too much (or research it, really)... everything is more or less on hold til after thanksgiving guests leave and hubby gets shipped off... then i can collapse for a few days then dig into other projects.. (even something as important as a good source of chocolate...)
Many places outside of the US have higher quality standards than the US. And it goes for a lot more than just chocolate. Here's something to wrap your head around.... an unexpected source of good chocolate? Japan. I frequent quite a lot of Asian grocers (I'm sorry, but Japan may just have some of the most exciting candy packaging in the world), and while I tend to look for the weird candies they package with toys, I do buy some of their candy bars from time to time. Fujiya is a company that makes really delicious chocolates with a nice fruity back to them. Even for their children's chocolates shaped like Anpanman (I love their chocolate lollypops shaped like the character heads).

But I also tend to frequent European markets JUST for chocolates. I really love the Kinder Surprise Eggs myself... Of course, you never know what prize you're gonna walk away with, even if they have a display of a certain type. I got an Asterix I prize out of the first one I bought... I also have a Captain Hook from Shrek... and about 3 or 4 things that I can't identify.... Too bad we're just about the ONLY country that can't have toys in the chocolate... Nestles tried it, but some idiot kid choked on the large plastic ball they put the toy in. Then they replaced it with Sweetarts and the prize was now a cheaply printed sticker...

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Honestly I haven't noticed much of a difference and it doesn't bother me too much regarding Hershey. But in general, it's disturbing that we're cutting costs so much in this country and therefore lowering the quality. And we the people are just letting it happen because we like the idea of lower prices.

But if that's true about Cadberry and child labor, I'm very upset about that. On the other hand, we don't realize just how much of the things we own and use everyday were produced by child labor.

Drtooth

Reaction score
But if that's true about Cadberry and child labor, I'm very upset about that. On the other hand, we don't realize just how much of the things we own and use everyday were produced by child labor.
Hey, everyone can abuse the system... the REAL problem is that people don't stand up against it. Don't forget, a lot of this child labor comes from most heinous countries with terrible dictatorships that no one has the guts to stand up against. So, when we look at it, it's got more revolting layers than a rotten onion.