No WONDER there won't be another theatrical release!

Marky

Reaction score
GelflingWaldo said:
However, the box office "failure" of "Muppets From Space" does not automaticly mean the Muppets will never be back in theaters. There are a lot of issues at play as what the future has in store for the Muppets.
Well, maybe not, but without any tv show in the works, or tv movie, problems wih dvd releases, it's hard for Disney to imagine a fan base strong enough to pull them in. I mean The Muppet Movie was the biggest hit, and it didn't even do stupendously - that's what Disney wants, or they likely won't bother. If the demend is there, they could, but they've kind of shot themselves in the foot.

Plus, the core fan base is shrinking, and what's left squabbles over little details like 'what was cut out of this dvd set' or 'so-and-so's voice isn't 100% like what's-his name'. Then there was that whole "save the muppets" thing - which ended up having the most ironic title of any campaign I can think of!!

froggiegirl18

Reaction score
ok true about the long debates over trivial matters, but that just means the fan base wants the best the team has to offer. As for voices things are just different after the creator of something has passed away..period..it will never be the same..harsh reality fact but true..the great thing with the muppets is that the ones of the company that have gone on they still live on and their memories will never die...as for releasing a box hit hey at least right now they are putting some of our favorite shows on dvd..and we also have the Dark Crystal Sequel and The Fraggle Movie to look forward to possibly coming out to theaters..what we can do as a fan base is just contiue hyping up the muppets as best as we can so the company will know that we are still here and that we care. Not only that continue introducing them to the younger generations who only really know about Elmo..I brought a Muppets Magic Dvd to the house of a two kids I was babysitting..one four and the other three..they loved it and wanted to watch it every time I came over..not only that their parents told me they were singing the songs..so if we want more movies we are just going to have to continue to be there as a fanbase..ok that's my two cents for the day..:smile:

Marky

Reaction score
Yes, I agree.

Positive hyping, not pointless destuctive stuff, like nitpicking or that totally destructive 'one voice' campaign!

Marky

Reaction score
Dil said:
I want more theatrical releases!!
See, that's a positive response. Dil isn't knocking anything. He's telling Disney what he wants. He's not judging anything or anyone. He's at one with the force and his desires for a new film.

travellingpat

Reaction score
But we would enjoy more a GOOD old-school muppety theatrical release...please Disney, no more remaking "classic" tales...llets get some new stuff :smile:

Marky

Reaction score
travellingpat said:
But we would enjoy more a GOOD old-school muppety theatrical release...please Disney, no more remaking "classic" tales...llets get some new stuff :smile:
Yeah, like Muppets from space.

...doh!