No WONDER there won't be another theatrical release!

Beauregard

Reaction score
That cover has always annoyed me because it's so deceptive...it gives the impression that the Muppets will go into space in a space-ship...also, it says, "The magic is back" and it so wasn't with that movie. :stick_out_tongue:

Bea:zany:{The views expressed in this thread belong to the owner thereof and are not intended to offend or otherwise incriminate any person or thing}regard

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
It was an okay movie but, to be honest, I have only watched it a couple of times. The first three Muppet movies, however, I have watched more times than I can remember!

travellingpat

Reaction score
So how much did the Muppet Movie make internationally and all of the other ones? Did they all surpass their cost of making them? Would it be worth it for them to make another theatrical release?

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
Hmm, not sure. I know that Labyrinth and Dark Crystal both flopped at the box office but I don't know about the Muppet movies. Is there a website with that kinda information on?

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
This is the info they have on IMDB:

Gross $76,657,000 (USA) (sub-total)

Rentals $32,000,000 (USA)

Filming Dates August 1978 - December 1978

Drtooth

Reaction score
Marky said:
Wow, I checked out the Muppets box office history on the-numbers.com. Muppets From Space cost 24 million and pulled in a whopping 16 million. (now this was US only, but did the worldwide gross add up to break even?)
Not to mention the fact it was released the same summer as Star Wars episode 1. I feel the magic was more back in the muppets than Star Wars, though.

Of course, Elmo wasn't too much of a draw when his movie was released.

I guess people only see movies if they are poorly written, CGI'd and have a million top celebrities rehash old movie lines... Cough Sharktale Cough...

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
Muppet Treasure Island took more than The Great Muppet Caper? I can't believe it!

Marky

Reaction score
Mistersuperstar said:
Muppet Treasure Island took more than The Great Muppet Caper? I can't believe it!
Those fifteen years were very bad on ticket prices, so the gross reflects inflation, BIG TIME.