Noel MacNeal Guest Hosting "Goodnight Show"

hehehe

Reaction score
Interesting news here: If anyone has PBS Kids Sprout, I'm sure you know about "The Goodnight Show" and the fiasco with Melanie. Well, while they look for a replacement, Noel McNeal will be the guest host. Now, honestly, I don't know if this is THE Noel McNeal or another guy who just happens to have the exact same name, as I've never seen what he looks like. Could someone confirm this for me? Here's a picture:
http://www.sproutletsgrow.com/good_night/
So if it is who I think it is, those who are bemoaning the loss of Melanie will have, while they wait, the guy who does the voice of Bear tucking them in. That's neat! :smile:

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
Yes that is the Noel McNeal we love. Many folks don't know he's African-American. Talented fellow.

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
Way to go Noel... Preston and us are watching. We love Sprout!!

Here's what we say: Melanie who? LOL! :wink:

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
hmmm interesting please do tell more on both cases..I seem to be in the dark on who both of these people are?

Princeton

Reaction score
I've never seen this show, but one thing I know about it is that one episode lasts, like, 2 or 3 hours. After all, it's the Goodnight Show (if it's true to its name, why is it so long?)

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi VM (The Jim Henson Hour).

Noel McNeil is the Muppeteer who performed and voiced Bear from Bear in the Big Blue House. He's also voiced Gretel in the two episodes from Sesame Street Season 36 and 37 featuring the Storybook Community School.
Hope this helps.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
The Count said:
Hi VM (The Jim Henson Hour).

Noel McNeil is the Muppeteer who performed and voiced Bear from Bear in the Big Blue House. He's also voiced Gretel in the two episodes from Sesame Street Season 36 and 37 featuring the Storybook Community School.
Hope this helps.
aww he's always such a gental guy...he voiced magelen(sp) on yorika's castle to right? as well as the sloth guy on big big world man I love both those shows. Now Yorika's a show I'd love to see come out on dvd!

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
The Count said:
Wouldn't know since I haven't seen those shows. But you can probably find out by searching for his name at either www.imdb.com or www.voicechasers.com
wow count you don't remember Eureeka's Castle!! oh my that show is just full of muppets goodness!! it was a show from the early 90's.
& Big Big World is a new show on PBS kids abgout this giant sloth who looks oddly enough like bear *go figure* lol and all his rain forest friends it's one of the best shows i've seen for kids in years I suggest you watch it some time!:big_grin:

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
Princeton said:
I've never seen this show, but one thing I know about it is that one episode lasts, like, 2 or 3 hours. After all, it's the Goodnight Show (if it's true to its name, why is it so long?)
Brian, the reason the Goodnight show is so long is because it repeats for each of the time zones (or different bed times). I believe the "human" segments are repeated throughout the evening so that kids that tune in at different times get the same experience. The show isn't intended for kids to sit and watch the whole thing, just enough to wind down at the end of the evening. HTH!