Noggin and Sesame Street

jobedo

Reaction score
can someone tell me does noggin only play newer sesame shows i was thinking of getting the noggin digital station back again but when i had it before all they showed were newer shows also on one thread someone refered to "the electric company" being on their but i nerver found it and i would like to find some of those shows
thaks jo

ssetta

Reaction score
You don't have to bother, because all that classic stuff is GONE. :frown: :cry:

jobedo

Reaction score
when you say gone do you mean it doesnt exist anymore or they dont show it anymore
thanks jo

mikebennidict

Reaction score
the d--- noggin peopel stopped showing these older shows a year ago.

maurakl

Reaction score
So, all of the Noggin Sesame Street shows are new stuff?

I see that they are showing 1,2,3 Sesame and Play with me Sesame right now. Are these just newer stuff? I haven't seen either of these shows, but thought about upgrading to get Noggin again to tape these. I do NOT want anything like Elmo's World.

maurakl

Mark The Shark

Reaction score
maurakl said:
I see that they are showing 1,2,3 Sesame and Play with me Sesame right now. Are these just newer stuff? I haven't seen either of these shows, but thought about upgrading to get Noggin again to tape these. I do NOT want anything like Elmo's World.

maurakl
I haven't followed it since early last year, but my understanding is that Elmo's World is exactly the emphasis of what they are showing now. Someone like ssetta would know better than I would, but "123 Sesame Street" (called "Sesame Too" in TV listings) originally consisted of 1993-1994 shows (the beginning of the "dumbing down" era), then added 1998-1999 shows in 2002, and more recent shows since then; as I said, I haven't followed it, but my understanding is that there is basically *no* "classic SS" (or if there is, very little of it).

Hope that helps.

Splurge

Reaction score
Some classic SS is on Play With Me Sesame, which has returned to Noggin in its 12:30 pm slot.